This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for next week's (Oct 31-Nov 6) Best Buy ad

Does anyone know where I can find a scan? The usual suspects (SlickDeals etc..) doesn't have it.

Edit: i can find scans of their movies, but I'm looking for TVs. (I'm thinking of getting a new one and was wondering if I should get one now or wait until next week).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Just as an FYI...I dont know if theres an H.H Gregg in your area, but I find they tend to have better deals (on TVs). IMO. No, I dont work for them. Lol.

Comment

Nope, I've never heard of that store.

I ended up getting a TV today with a BR player (my first one).

Wow. That's all I can say.

32" LED-LCD TV from Insignia (1080p, 120hz)
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Have you tried Tiger Direct or Computer Shopper?
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

draggar, you might want to wait for Cyber Monday (Online sales the Monday after Black Friday). I found a great deal on my 42" flatscreen last year--even better than the Black Friday deals. Just make sure you've done your homework so you know if you're getting a deal or not. They even delivered to a nearby branch of their store so I could pick it up, rather than worry about a delivery, plus I didn't have to brave the stores on Black Friday.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I've noticed with black Friday and cyber Monday deals they offer lower quality products (that they don't always offer) with the lower prices,

For example, I got my 32" LED-LCD HDTV (1080p, 120Zz) for $500 (minus gift cards). I typical black Friday deal would put a 32" LCD HDTV (with 1080 in large print and 60Hz in very small print) for $349 (this TV is on sale now for $399).

Or, they'll offer lower end brands, etc.

Besides, I needed to get the TV this weekend (one in the bedroom died). I'm happy with it, though. For $600 I got the TV, a BR player, 6' HDMI cable, some other cables, and a couple of BR movies (in a nutshell the cards paid for the movies, cables, and sales tax).

Friends at work told me I should get a 37" (when I mentioned I was debating between the two). I almost did (37" LCD HDTV, 1080p, 120Hz was $580) but I didn't and I'm glad, not only did it save me $80 but I also realized the 32" is plenty big for the bedroom - I think a 37" would have been too big for us to watch.
            Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              Nope, I've never heard of that store.

I ended up getting a TV today with a BR player (my first one).

Wow. That's all I can say.

32" LED-LCD TV from Insignia (1080p, 120hz)
              That was my response when we watched Avatar on my new Blu-ray player over Labor Day weekend.

Congrats.

I jumped on a 47" Vizio 1080p, 120Hz at Costco this summer. Got it for under $700. Picked up an Insignia BR player that same weekend. I had originally planned on spending $1000 for the TV....got the full package, including a few movies & the HDMI cables for under that amount.

Sure an improvement over the 27" JVC CRT set I'd been using.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Nice, I'm planing on getting a larger one for the living room sometime next year. I think I'll have to go at least 42" (48" or more) but I'd also like to get a new surround sound system since the one we have is going (keeps losing video unless I tap or move the receiver). Sadly, most today don't have AM / FM tuners.

I've seen a nice Samsung set (with BR player) for $399 at BB. I'm sure I can get one cheaper at Sams.
                Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I got a 42" LCD (don't think it's 1080, tho) from Costco this summer for $350.00. No Bluray, tho.

Also, places like Newegg do special deals for the entire month of November, not just right after Thanksgiving.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X