This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The comedy writes itself, folks.

This is an actual letter I received in the mail today from my hospital.

"We are showing that your account is severely past due. If a payment of $0 is not made to your account within the next ten (10) days, your account may be turned over to a Collection Agency without further notice. Please remember that we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express."

I wanted to write a check for Zero dollar and Zero cents and take it to their billing department tomorrow, but SO said no
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Quoth Kara View Post

I wanted to write a check for Zero dollar and Zero cents and take it to their billing department tomorrow, but SO said no
    Why not! That's what they want. Send them a copy of the letter (or better yet, the payment ticket) and a check for 0$. Theyre going to send you to collections otherwise!

Seriously, they might accidentally do it if its automated
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Take the stub, write "cash enclosed" on it and send it back.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
        Whatever you do, don't ignore it.

Their system says you owe money, and if you don't respond in some fashion, it's very likely they will report the account delinquent, no matter how absurd that is, and it's not worth the trouble it would take to get that off your record.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Indeed. There have been lawsuits by companies over someone owing a freaking penny from a decade ago. Do NOT ignore it. Call and get it taken care of.

I'm NOT kidding about this. Those automatic tellers don't understand it. Their computers will keep sending flyers, and it will go to lawyers. They do it for a penny, they'll do it for zero.

Please call them when ya can.
          Military Spouse Support.
          http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
          Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I once got a bill for minus 10 øre from one of my suppliers. That's right, they owed me DKR 0.10, so with a late fee of DKR 10 I owed them 9.90 .
            I did call and got my debt deleted, but I don't doubt that I would have been deeper in debt each month

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
              I had to do that once before; thus, I beg to differ with your SO on this one. Send in that non-payment and sooner or later a competent human will take over. Plaidman is right--do not ignore it.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Actually, I'm thinking sending invoices for $0.00 would be a great way to get people to send you checks for $0 - and let you harvest their banking details from the checks and tap their accounts.

Make a fake check and send that instead. Don't copy any numbers off your real check when making the fake one.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Actually, I'm thinking sending invoices for $0.00 would be a great way to get people to send you checks for $0 - and let you harvest their banking details from the checks and tap their accounts.

Make a fake check and send that instead. Don't copy any numbers off your real check when making the fake one.
                  Don't be stupid. Don't send a damn thing. Just call the number and state what is happening. The worker will fix it that way.
                  Military Spouse Support.
                  http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                  Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                    Don't be stupid. Don't send a damn thing. Just call the number and state what is happening. The worker will fix it that way.

I second this.
                    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
                      I second this.
                      Certainly, the only antidote against a stupid computer (or rather a stupidly programmed computer) is a human being.
                      Call as soon as possible, the complaint is good for a laugh anyway.

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
                        Agreed! Don't ignore it; bring it to someone's attention and have them fix it.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                        X