This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefruit

Here's a heads up for the cooks on the board!

I've discovered you can put grapefruit in just about anything.
    Today I put it in a chicken curry, you don't know its there because it dissolves and before that I added it to my salad.

Also I've discovered it stops me eating chocolate as it has a sweet/sour interesting taste and i'm going to see what other dishes i can add it to! I will also try adding orange slices to various dishes.

*warning though too much grapefruit is said to interfere with certain medications*
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Mmmmm grapefruit with honey. I also use the juice as a facial toner.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I try to drink a glass of grapefruit juice before my biggest meal of the day. It's supposed to stop your body absorbing so much of the fat. Dunno if it's true, but I figure it can't hurt.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I am now sad. I love grapefruit/grapefruit juice, but I am on THREE different medications that forbid me from having much/any..
        "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Quoth Setsunaela View Post
          I am now sad. I love grapefruit/grapefruit juice, but I am on THREE different medications that forbid me from having much/any..
          Sorry to hear that

I love ruby grapefruits in particular and I love my special cerated (spelling?) spoons to eat them with. A friend of mine used to put sugar on hers before eating it, though I have never done that.

Never thought about putting it in curry either. Did it add extra flavour? or was it a texture thing?

Comment

Working...
          X