This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• party favor ideas, kid sized

Throwing a small-ish birthday party for family as my daughter and my sis-in law's second child were born 24 hours apart so i wanted to host a party for both for their first birthday and am kind of stumped on snacks.
    I saw a cute kid-themed snack for halloween and thought go with that but i need more than just that.

Spider:
    two ritz or round crackers with PB in the middle 6 pretzel sticks for legs and 2 raisins for eyes

ladybug:
    same thing only no top cracker or splait the top cracker to look like wings and use the raisins as spots instead or some variation of that

the best i can come up with is mini sandwiches as i don't have access to alot of magazines or articles and have tried making time to research it and end up getting stumped or don't get a chance to

i did come up with an idea for the cupcake for the adults
    vanilla/white cupcake with sugar free or at least less sugar frosting

and same batter for the cupcakes but swirl peanut butter and nutella in the batter or each cupcake part in the tray for the adults

any ideas?
    as a side note keeping it kid sized as in the snack would be small for us but kind of a partial meal for the toddlers or kids
    and there are several family members that have issue with handling dairy so no ice cream but i have lactaid pills on hand since dairy will be involved with the cupcakes
    EDIT:
    limited dairy and no food dyes if possible
    Last edited by Midnight12; 10-31-2010, 01:07 AM.

pb-j sandwich that's cut into shapes via cookie cutters. Also, you can do little cupcakes with candy-corn faces.

If you don't want to do food, and it's halloween-ish or just...party in general...those silly bandz are apparently all the craze. YOu might be able to find a good bit for not too much.

What about looking online for creative holiday crafts to do with the kids. So that they can take them home to show mom and dad or hang up in their house?
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

good ideas! uhm, need something a little more challenging
      I forgot to add that there will only be about 3 or four kids none of which are over 3 and was going to let them play with crayons under supervision this includes my daughter and sis in laws 2 kids

did have a recipe for candy corn cupcakes (in appearance only) but it requires brown sugar and food coloring. I have to avoid food dyes because it causes lisa to break out in a rash

Comment

lol just make a simple cupcake (chocolate or yellow) and then use the candy corn as decoration. That's what i would do. Make silly faces on them! Nothing super special.

As for really small kids...crayons would be nice. Or maybe washable hand paint? I am fairly certain they have some that is non toxic, so if they find their mouths, life will be ok. What about play-dough? Always a kid appropriate game!

Hmmm, challanging...food wise or craft wise? The internet has a plethera of wonderful craft ideas for kids!

Food...why not a candy pizza? Or a simple personal pizza thing. Get pre-made pizza dough and get it into little rounds for the kids, then give them pepperoni and cheese and other toppings for them.
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

One pretty thing

I love this website! She showcases a lot of craft stuff but also has a bunch of party showcases. Just type in birthday or something in her search engine and it will bring a lot of ideas up!

Tip Junkie Also has a bunch of party ideas. And just did a big selection of desserts in a jar, bake a cupcake in a jar, or an apple pie etc.
          It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

bread-dough play-dough. Yes it can get sticky on party clothes, but it's all water soluble ingredients.

If the party is long enough, the creations can be baked and eaten.

Google 'flour playdough' for recipes.

some playdough recipes here
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

awesome! thank you sooo much everyone! *goes and looks up the links sweeet*

waiting on sis in law to figure out what she wants to do as i shared the ideas with her

Comment

I know my friend Kait makes hot dogtopii.. hot dog octopus snacks. you just take half a regular hot dog, then take the lower half of each section, and cut a little cross up it with a sharp paring knife. boil them until heated through, and draw a face on it with mustard or ketchup. Or if you don't like the idea of using hot dogs, you can do the same with string cheese, except don't boil them of course.
                "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

i've seen that done and hubs does it awesome!
                  he cuts it and cuts a very cute face in the hot dog before boiling. totally forgot about that. it is decided.! hot dogs and make your own mini pizzas. (everyone sadly nixed the dough and pb&J since eldest niece doesn't like jelly (go figure)

thank you very much! now e need to agree on a time so i can know when to start preparing stuff

Comment

Ants on a log - cheesewhiz on celery with raisins on top- for those without milk issues (is there actually any milk in that stuff?)
                    It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

probably not but i'm going to substitute pb or some other spread for the ants on a log and put raisins or marshmallows or some other thing heh

Comment

Halved english muffins make good mini pizzas, and cooking only takes a few minutes in the toaster oven.

Comment

Working...
                        X