Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I know I have shit luck, but this is ridiculous - Lupo's out of the ER!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll be sure to keep you out of the jello pool for a while while you heal up.

Man, that's scary.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm glad you're out of the hospital and on the (fast?) road to recovery. Rest and try to keep happy thoughts in your mind - it can help.

As for "no help" - as others have said, she hit a pedestrian, and pedestrians still have the right of way. She admitted she saw you and did not slow down - this makes her at fault of the accident. Just because a crime wasn't committed doesn't mean she isn't responsible.

Don't worry about the bills - medical bills cannot go against your credit rating as long as you are making a reasonable effort to pay them off (federal law - some hospitals try to hide behind their own policies which doesn't over write federal law). My father in law had patients who would pay $5-$25 a month for years to work down the balance. I'm working down my ER visit from last year at $25 a month (and that was WITH insurance).
      Last edited by draggar; 10-31-2010, 11:05 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

But not too hard. I don't want it to hurt.

Try to take it easy the next couple of days. I doubt we will be able to talk you into taking time off. Don't go trying to set records for the most books moved.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

*Gentle hugs* What a lovely lady, that was sweet of her to be so helpful and call your mummy for you.

As for the driver and her passenger, I hope they have the most terrible trials with automated call menus and hordes of persistant telemarkers calling them for the rest of their days!
          Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Wishing you a swift recovery.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

*wraps Lupo in her grandpa's quilt* Take the pain killers the doctor gives you, and take the advice your minions give you. And if you need to vent/rant/get hugs, you know where we are.

I'm glad the angel was there to mitigate the bitch.

Comment

Several posters here have given excellent advice; I hope you can get a decent settlement out of this. That driver was absolutely wrong, and should pay. I'm glad that other lady was there to help you; she's an when you needed one.

Also, as AdminAssistant said, don't try to tough it out. Take all the rest and medicine you need; trying to tough it out will only stress your body, which will slow down your recovery.

Offering best wishes and prayers for a speedy and thorough recovery.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Holy hell, Lupo! I'm glad that nice lady helped you out, but the dumbass driver needs a and a legal ass-kicking in court by an attorney and then some! Barreling down the road and not stopping for a pedestrian?! If she has a license they need to suspend it and throw the book at her!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Holy hell indeed! I'm really glad you're not hurt any worse! I don't have any advice other than what's already been given...I hope you start to feel better soon.

Comment

well, roughly 14 hours later and the bruising is coming in.

It's very...colorful.

This is going to HURT tomorrow. >.>

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you. Take it easy, and get better. That should be your highest priority right now.
                        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Poor Lupo! I was just thinking of you the other day as i went to the grocery store and hoped i didn't have "lupo luck" that day.

You should talk to a legal person about what went on, bc there might be something that can be done. I hope you start to feel better soon, and i'm very happy that you are only bruised and hurting instead of broken or dead.
                          I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

heal up quick and stop having "lupo luck" seriously!

Oh and I also agree, Lawyer up and sue the F&%K out of that dumb B!+(H!
                            ~LSTYD~
                            Quote: Dalesys:
                            you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

The nice lady is likely to be willing to make a witness statement. I know you'd probably hate to impose on her, but she sounds like she's the sort of person who would want to see justice done. I know I would in her situation.

And when you're well enough, you can do something nice to thank her.

It sounds like at least one policeman was close enough to be a witness as well - that will almost guarantee that the driver will crash and burn in court, should it come to a court hearing.

(Doing something nice for the cop would be good too. Buy a nice plant for their police station or something.)

If there's justice in the world, she will be personally responsible for your medical bills.

Um. Anyone. Now I've been typical-me and said the practical stuff: gentle hugs, and look after yourself. Oh, and do take the painkillers - extended pain can mess up some of the most primal parts of your brain and you don't want that.
                              Seshat's self-help guide:
                              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

have i just coined a new phrase? "Lupo luck" I doubt it, i'm sure many have said it before. Oh well, let me have my bubble for just a moment. :P
                                I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X