Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, I know I have shit luck, but this is ridiculous - Lupo's out of the ER!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post

(Doing something nice for the cop would be good too. Buy a nice plant for their police station or something.)
    That may be looked upon as a bribe for future proceedings. It would be wise to not do that, just in case. Perhaps just a simple call to the police station to thank whomever it was for looking out for you. That would be a better bet.
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

so I was telling my wife about this and she says "Lupo needs to stay away from grocery stores period. they will be the death of her otherwise... and definatly needs to sue that stupid cunt for all she is worth. YOU had the right of way not HER! Keep all the bills and receipts for your care cuz the Hosebag will likely get it tacked on to any settlement you get if you sue the bitch. Get a copy of the ticket issued to the bitch(as the victem you have the right) and make sure the lawyer sees it too."

Good luck not Lupo Luck!
      ~LSTYD~
      Quote: Dalesys:
      you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

Twinblade, your avatar is seriously freaky.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

Twinblade, your avatar is seriously freaky.
          Thank you I try

And btw Thank Whiskey for it. after reading through the whole lupo post (currently at page like 562 last i checked) and watching like three different animated avatars of hers i decided that a boring one just wouldn't do so i searched for a weird one.
          Last edited by Twinblade; 11-01-2010, 04:31 AM.
          ~LSTYD~
          Quote: Dalesys:
          you may want to take a census of your brain squirrels... maybe one escaped?

Comment

Dear Lord, Lupo... You just seem to be a magnet for crap and abuse.

However, I believe that luck is neither 'good' or 'bad' but just 'pure'. That means that somewhere after all of this, you'll win a lottery or a nice vacation or something you need.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I'm just...WOW. Words fail me here.

FUCK YES that shitbag excuse for a waste of human flesh should fucking chip in for your medical bills! And she goddamn well knew it too, otherwise she wouldn't have been so insistent on trying to make you get up and walk when she hit you. If you can walk, haven't broken anything and aren't bleeding green then that must mean you're doing just fine and dandy and therefore have no reason to want to sue the hell out of her, right? Right?

Lawyer, ASAP. You have sound case here, and I second the advice on getting both the cop and the Good Lady as witnesses.

Go VERY gently on yourself for a while. You are going to feel like shit warmed over twice and then some. Don't make yourself do anything you really don't have to do (and really, other than eating, sleeping, a bathroom break here or there, that's all you need, the rest is just flotsam that can wait. The world will go on with unwashed dishes or untidied office areas, neither of which are worth the extra misery.)

Take and/or get whatever heavy-duty pain meds they'll give you; otherwise, ibuprofen softgels are your friends.

I know it's early yet, but may 2011 bring you MUCH better luck!
              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
                That may be looked upon as a bribe for future proceedings. It would be wise to not do that, just in case. Perhaps just a simple call to the police station to thank whomever it was for looking out for you. That would be a better bet.
                I was thinking almost the same thing (except I was thinking a thank you card). Police have a very thankless job so he'll appreciate it.

As for the older woman / witness - do you have her information (or did she give a statement?)
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  I was thinking almost the same thing (except I was thinking a thank you card). Police have a very thankless job so he'll appreciate it.
                  If you're going to do this then it's always better to buy something for the whole station, rather than an individual (then the individual officer can't be accused of bias) and don't buy them food as (unfortunately) it can't always be trusted.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                    Dear Lord, Lupo... You just seem to be a magnet for crap and abuse.

However, I believe that luck is neither 'good' or 'bad' but just 'pure'. That means that somewhere after all of this, you'll win a lottery or a nice vacation or something you need.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
                    I have to believe in this for you also!

LP, Im so sorry. Please take your time and recover. Worry about the driver and her liability later. Feel better.

If theres anything we can do, please let us know. Im not above sending care packages of cookies or tea as a Get Well Soon bribe.

*hugs*

Comment

Dear Deities! Lupo, I know your birthday is this week, this does not sound like how you wanted to spend it. If you want to postpone dinner I understand.... you let me know if you're feeling up to it.

And then I just have to echo what everybody else has said about lawyers and getting better!
                      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

*snugs* feel better soon

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                          And because she technically stayed, though I think she would've driven off given the chance, I'm not technically a victim of a crime, it's just an accident, so no help for me on medical bills. I don't have any insurance either, can't afford it. This is just peachy keen fabulous, and a wonderful start to my week!!
                          Isn't she still responsible though? Can't you sue in civil court?

Sorry to hear that happened to you. AT least it's not as bad as my mom. She got hit and got turn rotary-somethings and sprained what-nots. She had to go through physical therapy etc.

Comment

Day 1 after the accident.

Holy Crap.

I hurt. LOTS. and my body is every color of the freakin' spectrum, it looks like. I'm still making myself move around some, and that's helping. Loosening up the muscles.

Hot bath last night helped, though I discovered that my feet are scraped up and that was stingy. When i got hit, I got knocked out of my shoes, literally.

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, people. I really do appreciate it.

Comment

Just keep...moving. I was gonna sing the swimming song from Dori, but it doesn't quite work here. lol

As you've already noticed, the more you move, the better your body will respond. If you stay still for a long time, it will rest the body, but it will make you very stiff and sore where it doesn't need to be.

It may be a good idea to take an Ibuprofen while you are at work or right before you go to work, to help minimize the pain and keep you going until you get home. I dunno if you should or shouldn't put heat/cold on the bruises. I suppose it wouldn't hurt them. lol

Feel better soon! I really hope you talk to that lady and at LEAST get your medical bills taken care of. She owes you that much at least.
                              I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Holy biscuit!!!!

*oodles of gentle hugs*
                                Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X