This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ren Faire fun for me!

There are two great Renaissance fairs in the area, I did something brave and asked if they were in need of another photographer.....

So this spring, and hopefully if all goes well again next fall I will get to be one of the photographers! I'm so excited!
    I ended up meeting the head photographer and turns out he is also co owner of the fairs a couple weeks back while at the fall fair. Later on after checking out the fair's facebook page I decided to say hello and friend him. I finally talked myself into asking him and after a bit of an interview he said he really likes my shots would like me to join the group and that we will iron out the details in February! It's not a paying job, but I'm fine with that, I love taking pictures and it means I can go to the fair every weekend and I think it would look pretty darn cool on a resume.
    I can't wait for February this is going to be so much fun!
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Awesome! That sounds like a lot of fun. What area are these fairs? (I love ren faires).

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
      Awesome! That sounds like a lot of fun. What area are these fairs? (I love ren faires).
      Connecticut...a bit far for you. =( I love Ren faires too I'm so glad I asked, I think it's really funny how it all worked out. I nearly chickened out..good thing I didn't let my anxiety talk me out of it.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Sounds great! Hope you have fun; sounds like you have lots of preparation time. Don't wait until the last minute to get everything ready.

Wish the local ren faires were bigger; I'd love to get involved with one.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

RF's are fun, I haven't been to one in a ling while. I just go for the people dressed in cool costumes and some of the hokey fantasy, oh and of course getting medieval on a turkey leg lol
          "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
            Connecticut...a bit far for you. =(
            King Richard's????
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              King Richard's????
              No, it's the CT Renaissance faire, I haven't gotten a chance to go to King Richard's faire, it's in Mass and a bit of a drive when you don't have much money. This one is in late April into May, then again in the fall. It's going to be tons of fun, I really can't wait.

Comment

sounds good =)

I can recommend a shinrone gown as being perfect for rennies, and very comfy. And handily enough they are commercially available. here, here, or here.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                  sounds good =)

I can recommend a shinrone gown as being perfect for rennies, and very comfy. And handily enough they are commercially available. here, here, or here.
                  OOOOO Dresses. I'm not sure if I need to wear a staff shirt or not, I think I do since I saw the two other photographers wearing them this year. Either way I plan on doing something cool for each day at least with my hair. Demon horns one day, flowers the next, that sort of thing. I want to have fun and be creative.

Comment

No, it's the CT Renaissance faire, I haven't gotten a chance to go to King Richard's faire, it's in Mass and a bit of a drive when you don't have much money. This one is in late April into May, then again in the fall. It's going to be tons of fun, I really can't wait.
                    CT is 90 minutes corner to corner (well, across 84, and yes, I used to drive it often). It can't be that far since King Richard's is south of Boston.

Sounds like fun - we don't have many ren fests here in south Florida (I used to go to King Richard's every year - someone I was friends with worked there for a few years in the mid 1990's). Yes, we'd dress up (no pointed ears, though).

Oddly, pointed ears are accepted in the south Florida one.
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Was there a ban on pointed ears? Isn't that raciest? You can be a demon but not an elf. That's not nice.
                      The faires I've been to sell pointed ears, I never got any cause I didn't want itchy ears. Maybe I will get to King Richard's next year or at least try...oops...never mind it's the same date as the one here. Maybe another time I will try to go. The spring faire was the first faire I went to, I always wanted to go to one and finally got a friend to go with me. Now I'm hooked and get to go every weekend!

Comment

I nearly chickened out..good thing I didn't let my anxiety talk me out of it.
                        I'm trying to talk myself into auditioning for PennRenn next year. The worst they can say is no, right? Right? *wimper*
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                          I'm trying to talk myself into auditioning for PennRenn next year. The worst they can say is no, right? Right? *wimper*
                          Do it! I'm so glad I did it, you should too! Then we can be excited together!

Comment

Working...
                          X