This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towers of Midnight is out!

So I figure there has to be one or two other Robert Jordan fans on here who'd also be excited to hear that.

I don't have my hands on a copy yet though
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

I'm not a Robert Jordan fan (yet), but I am a Brandon Sanderson fan. Once I get done with the book I'm on, I'm starting Eye of the World.

I am very glad it's out, though, because I know that Sanderson can work on The Stormlight Archive. Way of Kings was dicking awesome and I NEED MORE!1!!eleventyone!!!
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I pre-ordered, and it's probably sitting on my front porch right now - why, oh why did I not have it delivered to work? Oh yeah, I wouldn't get any work done!

I had never read Brandon Sanderson, so after reading (title I forgot) the first book he wrote for the Wheel of Time series, I read his Mistborn series (pretty good), another one I can't remember that I wasn't that thrilled with, and then The Way of Kings. Now I'm pissed cuz I really didn't need another series that I'm going to wait anxiously for every book! So I agree, I'm glad the Wheel of Time series is done so he can focus on his new series. (I heard it's going to be 11 books).
      TANSTAAFL

Comment

I need to wait for a friend of mine to finish with their copy so I can kidnap it and run away with it read it. I have been waiting since middle school to see how this series ends when my evil uncle gave me all the books that had come out to that point when I blew through Lord of the Rings like it was nothing. For context I graduate collage in May. I'm bouncing getting twitchy that I can't read it for at least a week. Thank the Gods the friend I'm borrowing from is a fast reader.
        Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth bookworm View Post
          another one I can't remember that I wasn't that thrilled with
          That would be Elantris or Warbreaker. Warbreaker was an interesting story, but focused on the wrong characters, for which I blame the fact that it was published online first, and Elantris just made no goddamn sense, when you stopped to think about it.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            That would be Elantris or Warbreaker. Warbreaker was an interesting story, but focused on the wrong characters, for which I blame the fact that it was published online first, and Elantris just made no goddamn sense, when you stopped to think about it.
            Warbreaker. I agree, it should have been a really good story. I haven't read Elantris yet, for some reason it just isn't catching my interest.
            TANSTAAFL

Comment

Quoth bookworm View Post
              I haven't read Elantris yet, for some reason it just isn't catching my interest.
              Don't worry about it. I'm probably never going to read it again, and I read almost everything at least twice. I read Warbreaker twice.

Comment

Arrggg. Just finished Towers of Midnight and it's NOT the last book! I swear this series is never going to end.
                TANSTAAFL

Comment

Not a fan but my brother sent me his Christmas book list like a month ago. I've been waiting until this week so I could order the thing. (Well, I can't order it until next Wednesday, now, cuz I'm ordering it through the warehouse cuz it's easier that way. And they only process employee orders once a week.)
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I just had problems with how Warbreaker was wrapped up. It felt...unfinished to me. Elantris is very much a first book, but I thought it made sense. Maybe it's just me. I haven't touched Way of Kings yet because I just know I'm going to get sucked in and stay up till 5am again like I did with Hero of Ages.

Quoth bookworm View Post
                    Arrggg. Just finished Towers of Midnight and it's NOT the last book! I swear this series is never going to end.
                    Nope. When he started working on A Memory of Light, they apparently realized it was going to take way too long to wrap up the series in just one book, so they chose to split it into three. Next book is going to be last. He mentioned it on his LJ when he was writing what became The Gathering Storm.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      Elantris is very much a first book, but I thought it made sense.
                      I just don't understand how a merchant society came to be in the first place, if you have effortless magic that can make anything.

And yes, you will be up until 5am reading Way of Kings.

Comment

I just don't understand how a merchant society came to be in the first place, if you have effortless magic that can make anything.

And yes, you will be up until 5am reading Way of Kings.
                        Thanks for the warning. Or, rather, confirmation.

I figured the merchants were just the ones who took power and set up their society after the fall of the titular city. Of course, it's also been a while since I've read it.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Wait, what? The next Wheel of Time book has been out for four days now, and I'm just now learning of it? O.O Well, hell, I think I'll be bugging one of my co-workers here shortly.
                          Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Working...
                          X