This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just when I needed it (short)

A long time ago (in a galaxy...wait that is not right). Ok this isn't sucky, in fact it was fun, but it isn't exactly a praise either..so I am putting it here.

When I first started as a cashier in Wally World (feels like a lifetime ago), I was having a BAD day. It seemed like every SC in the world was out, and coming through my line (most of which I don't remember now). It was about the end of my shift, and I was at the end of my rope, because there was a huge line..which meant I was going nowhere until it was gone.

The older blond woman comes up, and is going to pay with a Credit Card. So she scans it, facing the wrong way, of course. I tell her "Turn it around." so she turns herself in a complete circle, and scans the card the exact same way. I tell her "No the card, turn it around." again..she turns around and scans the card the same way.

I am about to almost scream at her, when I notice the next time she did it, she winked at me. Suddenly it dawned on me that she was doing it on purpose, to get me to laugh. I laughed till I almost cried. Finally she winks at me, does the Credit Card right, and says. "Cheer up, life is way too short." All the other customers I couldn't even begin to describe them, but her I still remember. Anybody else have a nice or sweet customer come 'just when you needed it'?
    Last edited by Mytical; 11-03-2010, 10:56 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I can't think of any specific people, but I know there have been times when they have turned a truly awful day into something special.

That lady was great, and it made you smile
    It's nice you've kept that memory too

Comment

All customers should read this story and then ask themselves: Do I want to be remembered this way...with a smile and a happy feeling?...or do I want to be remembered with loathing, tears and/or swear words?

And then conduct themselves accordingly.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        All customers should read this story ...
        Except the ones who really need to read it are the ones who never read anyway. There's just no winning is there
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
        X