This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Nightmare Ever

What was the worst nightmare you ever had?

I had mine last night.This is not going to convey how heart poundingly terrifying it was.Strangely I hadn't taken any medication last night which often causes vivid dreams.

It started I was sitting on my bed and noticed my collarbone hurt and i went to look at it and discovered there was a big hole in it and I could see the bone.There were bits of raw flesh all round the hole. I screamed...............and woke up in bed.............I decided to look in the mirror to see if I had hurt my collarbone in any way which would have caused such a horrible dream.

I went over to the mirror and pulled down my top and sure enough there was the big hole in my collarbone there was also which could be seen in the mirror but not in the actual room some big creature with a hooked beak happily tearing bits out of my shoulder with its beak.I looked at the room nothing there looked in the mirror big creature eating me.I screamed..............and woke up in bed.........

I then decided I would go downstairs to where my boyfriend was watching tv as I was freaked out by this double waking dream so I put the bedsie lamp on and went to get out of bed, just as, round the doorframe came a green skeleton hand and a big skeleton tyrannosaurus head with little eyes looking at me.

I screamed and screamed and woke up for real screaming with my heart pounding.

A triple waking nightmare how awful!
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

When I was young, I once dreamt that I was floating near the ceiling of my bedroom... Once I saw my body in bed sleeping, it's like I was sucked back into my body and I woke up with a jump.

Not very scary, but it was so vivid that I can't forget it.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

The weird thing is the most I've been scared in a dream was not exactly a scary dream. I was terrified IN the dream, but once I woke and looked back on it, nothing THAT scary happened.

I was in a house, supposed to be alone, but I KNEW somebody was in the house. At first I thought it was my brother, trying to scare me. Next thing I know, there is a knock on the door. I answer it, and it was my brother, outside the house. So it couldn't have been him inside the house trying to scare me.

I tell him somebody is in the house, and he wants to go in and check around. Convincing him that is a bad idea, we head out to his truck. I make the comment "If this was a scary movie, the truck wouldn't start." I was really relieved when it started.

We drove about 100 foot or so (not very far) and suddenly all four tires 'exploded' (ie made a loud popping noise and went flat). That was when I woke up.

Nothing happened (besides the tires going flat) in the dream like somebody jumping out or anything, but the whole time I was terrified.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I used to suffer from night terrors and the most re occurring one involved the metal clock man from 'Return to Oz' chasing me. It frightened me so much I can't sleep in a room with a ticking clock

Comment

When I was a kid, I used to have nightmares about the disembodied head of Richard Nixon chasing me. Maybe he wanted his old job back, I don't know...lol.
          It actually caused me to walk in my sleep.

Comment

I had the opposite today...I was having an awesome dream and when I woke up and realized my dream wasn't real I got depressed
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I had an attack of the haint once. (We call it "haint" here. It's sleep paralysis.)

Two things about the haint:

1. You cannot convince me that was just a bad dream. No. Way.

2. I am claustrophobic to this very day. Happened over twenty years ago and I was not claustrophobic before that.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                I had an attack of the haint once. (We call it "haint" here. It's sleep paralysis.)

Two things about the haint:

1. You cannot convince me that was just a bad dream. No. Way.

2. I am claustrophobic to this very day. Happened over twenty years ago and I was not claustrophobic before that.
                And? what happened?
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

my worst nightmare involved me and a good friend of mine. We were hiking up mt rainier. after about a half hour or so there was some rustling in the bushes beside the trail. my friend thought it would be funny to toss a rock into the bush. well, the thing in the bush didnt like that very much. it burst out of the bush and killed him pretty quickly. it was a large hairy monster. I ran away as fast as I could but it wasnt good enough. it caught me and i felt its claws dig in. just before I woke up hollering, I felt its hot breath on my neck. and that is what scared me the most.
                  A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
                  Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I had a really weird dream about my family - not exactly a horror nightmare, but freaked me out.

I had come home from college to find that my mom had taken in this girl. I didn't mind until I went upstairs to my room, only to find that my mom had given her all my things. This chick was walking around wearing my clothes and going through the stuff I had bought for my wedding. My mom then told me that instead of going wedding dress shopping with me, she was taking this other girl. I started freaking out asking her what was going on? My mom told me that this girl acted like the daughter she wanted and she was going to take my place in the family. I remember screaming at my mom about how much she and I had been through and how could she do this to me. I also remember asking her if she thought my fiance was going to go along with this. She told me that he was on his way over and she wanted me to tell him the wedding was off, but that he should marry the new daughter instead. The only highlight of the dream was that my fiance showed up, told my mom she was nuts, and drove off with me.

Comment

I think for me, that would have to be one where I had to kill a demon which had either possessed a doll, or taken on my daughter's form. (kind of a semi-occurring theme in nightmares for me)

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                        And? what happened?
                        Pretty much the typical haint story.

I woke up, looked around the room, and was utterly convinced I was awake. Then the dark opened up (yeah, look at this shit, I am covered in gooseflesh typing this) and a big, humanoid thing made of the darkest shadow I have ever seen came out of the opening, put an arm around me, and started dragging me back through with him. I was completely paralyzed.

I started screaming and a friend came in and said I was so completely out of it and wild eyed she was afraid to touch me. She said I was making these weird, faint sounds but looked like I was screaming.

I was awake the rest of the night and convinced that there were monsters in the room and that I was losing my sanity.

Fun times.

Comment

The one where I dream that I wake up, get up and get dressed and ready for work. Then I leave for work... and wake up. -.- Then I have to do it again.

I used to have really awful, vivid nightmares when I was younger; I can't remember most of the details, but the worst one I ever had still sticks in my memory. I dreamed I was a girl working as a maid in a house back in the old days. I was thirteen years old and waiting on table. The mistress of the house was annoyed cuz the master hadn't come down to dinner, so she sent me upstairs to look for him. I couldn't find him, til I looked into the wardrobe, to find the master hanging dead inside. I ran downstairs and screamed, and then clutched someone and screamed...

Then I woke up. I don't know if I actually screamed in my sleep, but I thought I had; and I was clutching my pillow so hard my fingers were aching.

I don't get nightmares any more, not since I taught myself to lucid dream. This means if I get a dream that's getting nightmarish, I can either turn it around to be a better dream, or wake myself up.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I've had a lot of nightmares. But I suppose this one sticks out.

I was bopping around doing whatever when the world went black. I blacked out, but someone/something else took control of my body because when I came back to myself, I was right in front of my ex and he was about to rape me again. I FREAKED out. Screaming, crying, trying to get away...and he just put on this look of baffled innocence that made me want to smack him. Bullshit you don't know why I'd try to get away from you.

Anyway, that scared the fuck out of me 'cause when I woke up, I was practically searching my room, making sure he wasn't somehow there.
                            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I've had a lot of dreams that should be considered nightmares, but for the fact that I've never been scared by them. Most of them involve me being chased.

However, I used to have a lot of dreams about crawling through underground tunnels and getting stuck. *twitch* I'm claustrophobic to a slight degree as it is, and dreams where I get stuck in tight tunnels with nobody to help pull me out are the worst.

When I was really little, I had a dream about an evil spider, a black widow, that got into the house through the hole in the front door where the dead bolt used to be and it came in to bite and kill everybody in the house. At the time I was utterly terrified of spiders.

My most interesting bad dream was actually a set of dreams over the course of three nights. The first night involved three separate dreams, all interrupted by my waking up, that involved me being trapped with some sort of boogieman in some enclosed space. The second night was another trio of the same thing.

The third night started out with yet another generic 'trapped with evil entity' dream. The second dream was me in the back of a limo with the entity being this giant moth-thing trying to beat me with it's wings and convince me it had me trapped in the limo. It was about that point that I realized that it was the one that was trapped and it was trying to get me to let it go. The final dream started out with me dreaming that there was an earthquake and I had gotten out of bed to stand in a doorway, and the entity was now trying to convince me it was really the devil. I think I ended up laughing at it. Then I was back in bed, and my then-hubby was leaning over me ready to hit me, which I knew was totally a lie so I closed my eyes and willed myself awake. It took three tries before I was actually awake.

That day I had the then-hubby drop the shielding ward he'd placed on the bedroom a few days earlier. My guess is he'd managed to trap something inside and the dreams were how it tried to get us to let it out. *shrug* It's my best guess and I've never had any dreams anything like that before or since.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X