This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Likely Changing Majors

So this is an idea I have been waffling about. I really want to get out of Education and get into Law. Since Pre Law is not a major at my school, my official major would be Criminal Justice Pre Law.

That is right, ladies and gentleman, I am considering changing from being an innocent school teacher to a heartless lawyer.

I have been weighing the benefits of both short term and long term and it seems that changing to Pre Law would benefit me more in both ways. I will still be able to pay instate tuition due to our amazing program. It's something that I could make money in and not be in debt my entire life. It's also something that I have been interested in my entire life.

However, I will not officially change it until next semester. Next semester, I will take all gen eds so then I am not scarmbling for an adviser.

Wish me luck!
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Good Luck!

Why the change of heart?

Comment

Before you change majors, you might want to talk to somebody at the law school you might end up going to, to see what majors help prepare students for law school. Sometimes the answer isn't pre-law...you might be surprised. You might also want to ask about placement rates (what percentage of students who graduate law school are gainfully employed) and what other job opportunities are available to someone with a JD.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

All of the people I knew in college who were planning on going on to law school majored in English, History, or Political Science (most double majored in 2 of the three or majored in 1 and minored in the other two) as we also did not have a pre-law program. Just putting those out there as other possible majors
        Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Amina, Education just wasn't going to suit me anymore.

Criminal Justice would be my major. Pre Law would just be attached. I know you can major in anything else and go to Law school. However, I want to major in Criminal Justice.

There is a Pre Law Society on campus that can help me find stuff out. We also have excellent resource centers that will give you the information you need.

Like I said, I'm taking a semester off of major classes and going to do just Gen Eds so I can figure everything out and be 100%.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Are you sure that going into law school is a good idea? See this article.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I have every intention of being a lawyer. In fact, one day I want to be district attorney.

I'm going to school for paralegal as soon as I can get financial aid.

Good luck lil sis. Maybe we can open our own firm one day.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
              X