Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuzzy Purple Sweater (Knitters or Google-fu masters, to me!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuzzy Purple Sweater (Knitters or Google-fu masters, to me!)

I need something like this for a Christmas present.
    For my boyfriend.
    It's an in-joke for our gaming group; or, really, it's an in-reference.
    ... A particular god of war (okay, it's more complicated than that, it's more ... 'challenges and the fight and improving performance..." yeah, crazy subtle and complicated, so, shortened to 'war') changes appearances (and difficulty levels) depending on who is looking at him. For instance, to a little kid, Spekkio (yes that's how it's spelled) looks like a huge white cuddly fluff ball. To our group, he looks like a huge purple-fuzzy Unholy Yeti-Sasquatch. In other words, I want to get my boyfriend a Spekkio-hide.
    I am willing to pay around 50 bucks, U.S. dollars, plus material and shipping costs (so, what, 70?) for someone to make this monstrosity. If this is underpriced, let me know. If it can be made and sent by Christmas, I'll throw in a ten dollar bonus.
    Again, if I'm being a cheapskate, please correct me.
    If this can be found via someplace like Overstock.com or Amazon, I'll not bother a knitter with this ... purpleness.
    Thanks.
    EDIT: I'll pay half upfront, half upon receipt (receival?) of said Grimace-pelt
    EDIT: o_O is... is the reason why the sweater in the link costs 150+ because it's mohair?? (holy bees...)
    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

would you be willing to settle for a hat/scarf purple fuzzy DOOM thing?

I've got a skein and a half of fuzzy purple yarn I want out of my stash.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Hm... exactly how fuzzy is it? (pics, of a finished product and/or the yarn itself, perhaps?)
      I was also trying to combine his want for a ridiculously oversized fluffy-warm sweater, but I can surprise him with that at some point during the winter, perhaps for V-day... his b-day is during hot weather. But, considering money is tight and it's not even December... a hat or scarf might be It. And more likely to be worn in public.
      Lessee... decent scarves sell for about 20, right?
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
      X