This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering bras online

I'm going to have to start ordering my bras online as no one stocks size g in town. Anyone have any experience with ordering the online or able to recommend good sites or brands that tend to not ru small or big?
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Try Frederick's of Hollywood.

I highly recommend them. Sure, a bit pricey, but sooooooooooooooo worth it!
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, I like BareNecessities.com, as they're fairly cheap, but have the "weird" sizes...and I *believe* they have size G...you'd have to check though, I'm not sure. I just know they have 32DD.
      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

My wife orders from Vicky's all the time. She likes the option to return or exchange at a physical store, although there has never been a problem to my knowledge. I don't know if they have your size though.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

If you can find someplace that stocks bras in your size, even if they're not in your area, I would recommend making a trip. When you have one that you like, you can google the brand and order it in the same size. There also might be a place willing to special order bras for you. Is there a local (non-chain) shop in town? They might be more able to special order something for you. I love the local place I found. I don't even know my bra size, they just looked at me, listened to what I wanted, and brought me the perfect bra.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I've done a lot of ordering from figleaves.com, they have an amazing range of sizes and a pretty good return policy. Some of their stuff is a bit pricy but not all of it and sometimes they have killer sales.

Comment

I go to Victoria's Secret's online store. They seem to have pretty bras in odd sizes (34DD, which is super hard to find too.) Their bras seem to be nice, although I'm used to Walmart ones, so maybe that's not saying much. I can at least afford them though.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                My wife orders from Vicky's all the time.
                Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                I go to Victoria's Secret's online store. They seem to have pretty bras in odd sizes (34DD, which is super hard to find too.)
                I loathe VS. With a passion usually reserved for the sun.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

http://breakoutbras.stores.yahoo.net/

I have to order my nursing bras through her since I'm a g cup right now. She has cute ones, and reviews them herself. Her sale prices are good too.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    I loathe VS. With a passion usually reserved for the sun.
                    If it wasn't all I could afford, I would rather shop somewhere else. However, I'm exceptionally poor, and their bras are fairly cheap.
                    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I've bought from http://www.lasenza.co.uk/ and http://www.marksandspencer.com/ for my gf.
                      ludo ergo sum

Comment

I'd be recommending Australian sites, which isn't all that useful to you.

When (not if) you find that a bra is not the right shape for you, email them with the problem (and perhaps a photograph of the problem). They can probably recommend a slightly different bra.

For example, when I changed shape, my 18G Fayreform Corals started poking me in the underarms. I went back to Lisa's Lacies (my local WONDERFUL odd-sizes bra shop), showed the staff what was wrong, and they brought me an 18G Fayreform Charlotte to try; and it was perfect.

Same brand, same size, different cut. It can make a huge difference, especially at our size.

(Before I changed shape, I'd tried the Charlottes and they were wrong for a reason I forget, and the Corals were perfect. Ah, the problems of losing weight....)

If there's any hope of finding a local shop, or even one it takes you a bit of travel to get to, I'd do that - get fitted properly, find a bra that fits you perfectly. Then you can special-order that one, or can email online places and say 'I need a sports bra. For my regular bra, the Fayreform Coral fits wonderfully - what would you recommend for a sports bra given that info?'

Anyway... good luck!
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                          My wife orders from Vicky's all the time. She likes the option to return or exchange at a physical store, although there has never been a problem to my knowledge. I don't know if they have your size though.
                          VS lets you return in store? I've never been able to, actually it says on the back of the packing slip that they do not do online returns/exchanges in store.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                            (Before I changed shape, I'd tried the Charlottes and they were wrong for a reason I forget, and the Corals were perfect. Ah, the problems of losing weight....)
                            I know, right? I really hope that the place I get mine can alter the ones I have right now, I cannot afford to buy new bras every time I loose a few pounds.
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I've had success ordering larger cup bras from England (Fantasie, Ulla Dessous.) The website I used to order from went out of business, but I've heard good things about http://www.amplebosom.com . Also, I have found that although I'm a G cup, I can wear Lane Bryant's Cacique soft cup bras in an F and they are VERY comfortable and supportive.

Also check ebay! I've purchased a few bras that way, usually at 1/2 the retail price.
                              The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                              X