This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (!!!) USPS PACKAGE THEFT

Right... So, about a week ago i ordered something from a reseller in CA. The item was shipped via USPS, with Signature Confirmation.

I check the Tracking # this afternoon. It shows Delivered Nov 4 (that's today) 2010, 10.54 AM, [my town] [my state].

Two problems with this... I never received any packages today. I was home all day, and the doorbell never rang. No deliveries whatsoever. Also, It says it was signed for! I never signed for any package. Noone in my house did. It was signed [wrong first initial] [my last name].

So, i called USPS' 1800#, and they were less than helpful. Took all my details, said they would call back. So, i drove into town and had a word with The Big Boss at my local Post Office, which my package was routed through. Gave him all the details, showed him the tracking info, etc... We basically came to the conclusion that either the delivery driver allowed someone outside my home to sign for the package, which that person then stole, or that the delivery driver signed for it himself to avoid having to finish his route. Unfortunately, the package delivery drivers had all gone home for the day, but, he said he would talk to the driver that was on my route, and would call me tomorrow.

I'll post updates as they come in.

Ugh.

*face palms and hides*

Comment

I had a box stolen around the holidays 2 years ago. USPS wouldn't do anything since the DC had been scanned as delivered...the extent of my local PO's help was "check with family members to see if they accepted it".

After about a week of emailing the seller and trying to track it down, they sent another at no charge (that was nice of em). The original one never turned up...I thought that since it was prop parts that only I knew what to do with it would eventually show up ditched on the street.

Forging a signature with only the last name matching is easy; just get the name off the mailbox (that's what someone did when my credit card was ganked a few years ago). Can you somehow get a copy of the signature?
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I just printed copies of:
        - the purchase receipt for the item i ordered
        - the Track & Confirm record, showing all the tracking information
        - The Signature Confirmation page, showing the delivery confirm, with the dodgy signature.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          I thought that since it was prop parts
          First I read this as Pop Tarts...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

See this why I treat signature confirmation as checking for ID and for making sure that the person it's addressed too is the one signing for it. Carriers leave for the street between 9-10am usually.

Comment

Issue Resolved

Quoth Aethian View Post
              See this why I treat signature confirmation as checking for ID and for making sure that the person it's addressed too is the one signing for it. Carriers leave for the street between 9-10am usually.
              Wish my local carriers were that through... My neighbor rang my doorbell about 10 minutes ago. My package got delivered to them by mistake. I'll point out that it was a signature required package, and they have a very different last name. ...And the carrier entered in MY name as the person who signed for it.

Comment

*groans and facepalms* idiots some of my siblings are idiots. Well at least you got your package, please tell me it was all there at least.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  ...please tell me it was all there at least.

It arrived safely, yes.

Comment

Well at least that's good.

.... Any glitter? ;p

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      First I read this as Pop Tarts...
                      LMAO..

Me too...

Comment

That motherboard on the left looks very familiar.

If it doesn't work, I swear it's not my fault.

Edit: Oh, nvm it's all one. The lighter blue doesn't look familiar. I have nothing to do with components, either.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          That motherboard on the left looks very familiar.

If it doesn't work, I swear it's not my fault.

Edit: Oh, nvm it's all one. The lighter blue doesn't look familiar. I have nothing to do with components, either.
                          It's all one board. It's a dual 1.25 GHz CPU module.

Comment

We once had a package delivered to the apartment complex next door to us.... How do you mess that up that badly?
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Misread the numbers and it's not that hard. Of course we did have a carrier once deliver a whole street off. The numbers for five streets in the row are the same, and only one street sign on eith end. In the infinite wisdom of the computer that set up the route, one was to park in the middle and do the loop that way. It sucks when your sent out and not the regular on the route trying to figure out where you start if you don't see the street sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X