Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had a delivery for another State come to my house.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      Misread the numbers and it's not that hard. Of course we did have a carrier once deliver a whole street off. The numbers for five streets in the row are the same, and only one street sign on eith end. In the infinite wisdom of the computer that set up the route, one was to park in the middle and do the loop that way. It sucks when your sent out and not the regular on the route trying to figure out where you start if you don't see the street sign.
      I spoke with the head cheese @ my local Post Office, and he said that the driver claimed to have delivered to the neighbor because the rain (it was raining) made the ink on the shipping label run.

I came home and looked at it again... The shipping label is pristine. Clear as day. Flawless.

Comment

Quoth RestaurantDude View Post
        I spoke with the head cheese @ my local Post Office, and he said that the driver claimed to have delivered to the neighbor because the rain (it was raining) made the ink on the shipping label run.

I came home and looked at it again... The shipping label is pristine. Clear as day. Flawless.
        Again...some of my siblings are idiots. Complete idiots. It's up to you if you want to push this further. You could take in a picture of the label to show that it wasn't a run label.

I can't explain why it happened I honestly have no clue as to why it happened.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Again...some of my siblings are idiots. Complete idiots. It's up to you if you want to push this further. You could take in a picture of the label to show that it wasn't a run label.

I can't explain why it happened I honestly have no clue as to why it happened.

No... I'm going to just let the issue drop this time around. I could pursue it, but idn't really see the point.

Comment

Heh. I've had an letter sent from the same town as me, go to a post center half way down the south island, then come back to me in the same town as the sender.
            The kicker? Theres a distribution centre in my town. *shrug*
            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

My guess, based on what has happened to me is that the carrier got lazy. They missed the package when they were at your door, and when they realized they should have delivered it, they just dropped at at the place they were rather than going back.

My mail carrier at my last place (the sub) would never carry our packages out to our house if they required a signature. She's walk up dump the stuff in our box with a note that we weren't there, and walk off. We made a point of making her come back with them when she tried that carp.

A UPS driver did that once. And the very next day the FedEx driver did it, too, which is really weird, because he actually left the other package we had on that same day.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth RestaurantDude View Post
                No... I'm going to just let the issue drop this time around. I could pursue it, but idn't really see the point.
                You could pursue it just to make sure it doesn't happen again. That would be my take on it. When delivery people get lazy, expensive stuff goes missing. Our postal carriers have a bad habit of putting mail in the wrong box in my complex. I highly suspect someone else received my last shipment of Metformin (diabetic med) instead of me, and decided to either keep or toss it without trying to find out who's it was. The pharmacy sent me another out at no charge thankfully.

Trouble is, if they get away with it once, they'll have no reason to be more careful in the future.

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
                  You could pursue it just to make sure it doesn't happen again. That would be my take on it. When delivery people get lazy, expensive stuff goes missing. Our postal carriers have a bad habit of putting mail in the wrong box in my complex. I highly suspect someone else received my last shipment of Metformin (diabetic med) instead of me, and decided to either keep or toss it without trying to find out who's it was. The pharmacy sent me another out at no charge thankfully.

Trouble is, if they get away with it once, they'll have no reason to be more careful in the future.
                  This. Were I you, I probably wouldn't worry much about it for personal reasons either, but would still pursue it to make sure we didn't end up with a repeat and an unrecoverable package.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    This. Were I you, I probably wouldn't worry much about it for personal reasons either, but would still pursue it to make sure we didn't end up with a repeat and an unrecoverable package.

The pot office knows about it, the driver knows the post office knows about it, and i know the driver knows the post office knows about it. I don't see the point in getting someone fired (and quite possibly charged with mail fraud) over this. If it happens again, then i'll go down that road.

Comment

My friends have a REAL problem with their UPS driver, unless they are practically at the door looking for him he will leave a note on the door and leave without knocking.

and these are packages that HAVE to be returned to the company that sent them if they are refused or no one signed for them. Literally my friend's can't leave the house when they are expecting a package, and have to sit at the door watching for him or risk not getting the package.

Yes they have complained every time....and yes he keeps doing it EVERY time.
                      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

You are your friends complaining to, Sarlon?

We always start with the local hub, but if that doesn't help, we go up the chain.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X