This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Really?

So as some of you are aware, I was talking about a relationship and how good it was going and all that.

Well, over the weekend The Boy came to see me at school and it made me think.

1)We are too opposite. I'm ambitious, motivated, and anal rententive sometimes. He has no regard for time and was constantly waffling about going to school (even though his schooling would be free). Things that he did made me frustrated and set off my OCD and I would become agitated and cranky. He was too immature and I am more mature for my age. There is a time and place for immaturity. He obviously didn't learn it.

2)He is still hung up over his ex, even if he denies it to himself. He was always talking about one in particular that did him wrong in June. No matter the conversation, it would always turn back to her. Now, it's not the fact that he might still have feelings because that would be hypocritical of me. However, he was always talking shit, even though he still hung out with her.

3)He was smothering me. When I was at home, he was always trying to hang out, even though I told him that I wanted a night to relax. When I had a weekend at school, he would always try to come up. I had to tell him NO because school is 24/7 socialization. I need McG time. It keeps my sanity. That and the PDA. I like hugs. i hug people in public. Kisses on the cheek are fine. However, he wanted to kiss me on the lips all the time in public. During a costume contest line up, in front of a lot of people, he tried to kiss me. NO! NOT COOL! He was always over protective of me to the point of territorial.

I needed to break up with him because these were things that I had already brought to his attention and he wasn't listening. Since I was at school, I had to call him up. He yelled at me and hung up on me. When i got home to check my facebook, he left me Room of Angel song on my wall and took me off his facebook. Later on, I got texts from a friend because he wanted stuff back. I told her that it was ridiculous that he couldn't talk to me himself.

Later, I get messages on facebook that say something along the lines of "I want my Marine pin back. You can have your rose back. You owe me $10 for the garb I got you. By the way, fuck you."

It's not like I did something horrible. I did something that I felt was right.

Oh well.

So I wasn't even single for 24 hours and I got three offers for dates. You know what? I will gladly go. I am going to go have fun and not let him being a douchenozzle bring me down.
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

I understand your situation- sometimes breaking up is the best thing for both people, whether or not they both realize it. It does seem like he's overreacting, but I guess a lot of people tend do do that. My ex called me practically every 20 minutes for a week after I broke up (as gently as I could manage) with him.

Good for you on your dates! Just be careful of post break up manipulation. I don't want you taken advantage of.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
      So I wasn't even single for 24 hours and I got three offers for dates. You know what? I will gladly go. I am going to go have fun and not let him being a douchenozzle bring me down.
      Must be nice. When I was on holiday, the hookers weren't even enthusiastic about approaching me.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
        Good for you on your dates! Just be careful of post break up manipulation. I don't want you taken advantage of.
        I'm as stubborn as they come.

Plus, I know these guys. They are the biggest gentlemen ever.
        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

Comment

Good! I approve. And... my husband is looking for a girlfriend.

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
            Good! I approve. And... my husband is looking for a girlfriend.
            lol I actually had to think for a second. Then I remembered you saying that you are in a poly relationship.

Comment

Isn't this like the third time after a breakup, on ether side, you've immediately get a new boy?

You must be that popular I suppose...

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
                Isn't this like the third time after a breakup, on ether side, you've immediately get a new boy?

You must be that popular I suppose...
                As a friend told me Monday night "You are 19. You are young and still trying to get a feel for things. Don't feel bad about having relationships that fail. You just learn what isn't suitable for you."

I'm staying single for a while and just going on dates.

Comment

As a friend told me Monday night "You are 19. You are young and still trying to get a feel for things. Don't feel bad about having relationships that fail. You just learn what isn't suitable for you."

I'm staying single for a while and just going on dates.
                  that may be but what about the people you DID hurt before this. No question that the most recent ex was rude and cruel but what about those before him? an open ended question

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
                    that may be but what about the people you DID hurt before this. No question that the most recent ex was rude and cruel but what about those before him? an open ended question
                    What's in the past is in the past. True, I have done stupid stuff, but I'm only human. I learn from my mistakes either the first or the second time I make them.

What I am focused on right now is my present. I am not dwelling on my past.

ETA: I came here to vent about the stupidity of a now ex and I get my past thrown in my freaken face. That's pretty cool.
                    Last edited by McGoddess09; 11-06-2010, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I have no idea how this topic went from breaking up with some guy to "well, didn't you hurt people in your past?" Completely irrelevant to the conversation and regardless, there's nothing that can be done.
                      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                        I have no idea how this topic went from breaking up with some guy to "well, didn't you hurt people in your past?" Completely irrelevant to the conversation and regardless, there's nothing that can be done.
                        Mayhaps. She does have a habit of dating similar guys, (The kind that typically doesn't want poly, typically isn't as ambitious as her, etc, then gets angry at the guy when she breaks up with them and they are hurt and do stupid shit. She may need to look at the type of people she dates before agreeing to be their girlfriend so it at least doesn't hurt other people that blow up at her, and any future break ups can be alot more peaceful and understanding.
                        Military Spouse Support.
                        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Are you all serious with this right now???

Did the rules suddenly change to allow sniping and flaming one another??

First off, we don't judge and criticize other members' posts.

Secondly, if this DOES happen and causes offense or hurt feelings, this is what the report button is for.

There is ZERO and I do mean ZERO excuse for a thread to become what this has become.

Knock it off, all of you or I'm shutting it down and handing out infractions.
                          Last edited by Peppergirl; 11-06-2010, 10:23 PM.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

ok then, a nice question what was with ex that he was ok with it then suddenly not.
                            I do apologize. no its not ok but then i will take it to fratching

Comment

Hey, McGoddess. Sorry you broke up, but it sounds like it was for the best. He also sounds like he reacted REALLY immaturely, telling you "fuck you I want everything back" and all that. Yeah, that's going to leave a good impression. Not.
                              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
                              X