X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Stuff

lolwut?
    I'm only slightly confused: a long time ago, I purchased a square box of gunpowder green tea, and I'm still working my way through it-- but I lost it in a move. So, I got some Numi packets, thinking "Oh, it's Numi, it's really tasty, should be better than the Asian Market^tm imports..."
    Nope! It tastes so bland! bleh!
    I have a bricken (like a box, but a bit different ) of jasmine-- I'd used up a smaller one a while ago (my first!), but I usually don't have my tea-strainer clean. I purchased a box of cheap-store brand green tea in packets 'cuz I felt lazy-- and I found out it's really tasty! Different, but still good.
    I'm already halfway thru the box of 48 and it's been about 2 weeks
    Anyway. What cheap stuff do you love, against all reason and/or price range? (ie Numi is very good-- but not with their gunpowder!)
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Chocolate Milk mix from bulk bin.

Can get a two pounds of it for under a dollar. And easily get two/three gallons of milk worth of it. It's damn tastely, better then quix mix or hearsy coca mix.

So yum.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Bleh! powdered milk? Gross to the max... but I did say 'against all reason and/or price range"... Good to know something healthy can taste good even though it's been processed to incoherency...
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

...? Huh? No... Powdered Chocolate Milk mix.

You put a tablespoon in a cup of milk, and it becomes chocolate milk dude....
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
          ...? Huh? No... Powdered Chocolate Milk mix.

You put a tablespoon in a cup of milk, and it becomes chocolate milk dude....
          Oh. Sorry. That's very much better than powdered milk that's flavored chocolate.

Comment

The wallyworld brand of extra sharp cheddar cheese. Super tasty, and it doesn't make me sick!
            And...jasmine tea? I love my jasmine green tea, right now I have Bigelow, but I normally like Republic of Tea cherry blossom green tea steeped with the jasmine tea I get from the chinese restaurant. I drink a LOT of tea.
            Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
            http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

One of the local stores had caramel popcorn in a bulk bin. I loved it because it didn't have any peanuts in it. Any packaged caramel corn I found had nuts of some kind.

Then they stopped carrying bulk foods...
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

RoT isn't cheap, zombiequeen! (yeah I pick up what you throwin' down)
                From what I understand, *store* branded things are somehow other brand's stuff... eh, I'll look into it.
                Re: popcorm: oh yeah, that stuff! Yeah, I can live without the peanuts too-- who in hell put them in first?? (curse them.)

Comment

Top Ramen....dump in some cayenne and a pinch of crushed red pepper and it ends up known as "cracknoodles".
                  "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                  - H. Beam Piper

Comment

No no, Republic of Tea is what I normally get, but it's expensive so I end up getting the cheaper stuff most of the time.
                    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

PC Brand Chocolate Chunk cookies. They are miles beyond Chips Ahoy. I LOVE THEM!

Also No Name Brand Hamburger Helper, it's much better than the name brand stuff. And yes the Brand name really is No Name
                      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I believe I have encountered said "No Name" brand.
                        I also like the cheapy-cheap mini-marshmallows in the cheapy-cheap hot chocolate mix that I get that store-branded where i shop. Those marbits are somehow better than any other marshmallows ever, I love to chew them when they're dry. I could care less when they're mixed in a drink.

Comment

Working...
                        X