• Show
Clear All

• Hyperventilating...

Oh goddess, oh goddess, oh goddess....

I... I have to... to get... *whimpers*

I have to get... a... *wails* JOB!!!

*sniffles*

I know, I know. "Wah. Quicherbitchin'. Everybody has to get a job."

But... I haven't had a job in almost 11 years. (At least not a job that I can reference. "Stripper for 1 1/2 years" isn't good on a resume and "Self-employed Doula" just gets WTF looks.) And my autistic 4 y/o is going to freak the hell out when mommy isn't at home. Crap. Crap on toast.

So I have an interview tomorrow with a fecking call center. *sighs* At least it's inbound calls only. Nothing outbound.

I sent in applications to -every- damned place in the area. The only one who gave me an interview is a fecking call center because I "don't have enough experience".

I... I hate my life. *whimpers*

Hugs?
    hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
    1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

*hugs hugs and more hugs*
    I hope everyone can cope and do well with you getting a job. I'm not looking forward to the job search right now either...but it's needed.

Hope it all goes well for you.

*more hugs*
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

It'll all work out.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Im sorry, NSI. This is a big deal, so I can see why its hard for you and the kids.

Remember to breathe, smile and itll hopefully all work out.

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I can certainly sympathise. I am looking for work myself for the first time in thirty-something years.
            I really hope it will work out for you. I'll take that as a good omen.

Comment

You do have very unique talent. You are well versed in taking care of special needs children. You might be able to find a job were you can take the 4 y/o with you.

Then again, maybe you are looking to take a break from that...

Good luck!
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
                "Stripper for 1 1/2 years"
                You're hired!
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Well...

Bad news?

I'm hired. *shudders* I start work at an in-bound call center on 12/7.

Good news?

My Google-Fu is strong tonight. I have to get my Social Security Card changed (it still has my previous married name) back to my maiden name, to match my driver's license. So I needed a copy of my divorce decree. Good news? Divorces are public record. Thus, -my- divorce is public record. And the county that I got divorced in is fairly good at having copies of all public records online! Quick search for party names, and a few frustrating moments of "Damn it! Not that one!" and "Voila!" printed copy of public record divorce decree. With the judge's and clerk's signatures and everything.

I are awesome.

Soooo... I have an appointment to change my name on my SS card, another appointment to pee in a cup (Drug testing, doncha' know.), and I'll be all ready for work.

Except for the clothing part... Damn... I have to find "Business Casual" clothing somewhere...
                  hea·then [hee-thuhn] noun
                  1. an unconverted individual that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible.
                  2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
                  3. the children of NotSoInnocent.

Comment

Good luck with everything

Comment

Quoth NotSoInnocent View Post
                      Well...

Bad news?

I'm hired. *shudders* I start work at an in-bound call center on 12/7.

Good news?

My Google-Fu is strong tonight. I have to get my Social Security Card changed (it still has my previous married name) back to my maiden name, to match my driver's license. So I needed a copy of my divorce decree. Good news? Divorces are public record. Thus, -my- divorce is public record. And the county that I got divorced in is fairly good at having copies of all public records online! Quick search for party names, and a few frustrating moments of "Damn it! Not that one!" and "Voila!" printed copy of public record divorce decree. With the judge's and clerk's signatures and everything.

I are awesome.

Soooo... I have an appointment to change my name on my SS card, another appointment to pee in a cup (Drug testing, doncha' know.), and I'll be all ready for work.

Except for the clothing part... Damn... I have to find "Business Casual" clothing somewhere...
                      I've been working in call centers for 7 years. It has it's pros and cons. The best parts of working in a call center is the pay and advancement opportunities. Business casual clothes aren't all that hard to find, places like Ross, TJMaxx and Marshalls are the best places for that...and the cheapest too! All you need are some sensible and nice looking slacks,khakis and the like and you're good to go! Best of luck to you, NSI!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                      X