• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAY
    Here's to many many smoke free years
    (from another ex smoker)
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

*happy happydance* YAAAY BLAS!
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

an all together win situation -

save money
        food tastes better
        you will smell better
        you will be able to actually smell stuff on/around other people
        lungs and body will heal up eventually [i seem to remember something about 7 years?]

time saved [it is amazing how much time one cig takes up here and there, added together] that can now be used for something else.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
          Wow...Well you can now pay off bills easier or consider an IRA.
          Ya I suppose....
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Congrats!!!

*considering hypnosis*
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner. I wasn't anywhere near a computer this weekend.

Congrats,Big Sis! That is really really awesome! I wonder if hypnosis would work for other types of addictions.
              "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

an all together win situation -

save money
                When I quit in 2000, cigarette prices for Marlboro in Ohio were $1.80 a pack. In Michigan they were already over 2 dollar at $2.20. I thought "That's nuts to pay that much for a pack of cigarettes!"

What do they cost now in some states???? Almost TEN dollars????

Hell that's how much a CARTON of generic cigarettes used to cost!

I'm even happier I quit now.

Comment

Here I am, sorry I ditched.

I only went to one session, some people who didn't quit the first time came back for a second time. It was free, I don't think I would have went if I'd had to pay. I have a brochure, hypnosis works for a huge list of habbits or fears.

Thanks for all the support. Work was very hard Friday morning. I don't see it getting any better.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    Thanks for all the support. Work was very hard Friday morning. I don't see it getting any better.
                    it will be rough the first couple of weeks as your body adjusts to the lack of nicotine, after about a month it will be much better, temptation is your enemy, but it does get easier
                    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Congratulations on kicking a hard habit, Blas! May you enjoy many smoke-free days from here on out.
                      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Woop woop Glad things are working out

Comment

6 days!

And I'm going a little nuts but I'm still here and still free.

Comment

Not only are you adjusting to lack of nicotine but you are breaking the habit OF smoking, the act of it, the act of going outside to do it. That part can be the hardest sometimes.

LIke now I don't bother taking breaks at work anymore wuich is bad...but what am I gonna do on a break if I don't smoke?

Comment

I hate break time now. I'm all alone. We get in trouble if we don't take our breaks, but I don't know what to do anymore. All of my friends still smoke. The place doesn't go smoke free for another month and a half, so it's a while before they'll join me. It's either walk around the building, go potty, get a few drinks of water, do crosswords, or stare at the wall, or read yesterday or the day before's paper. And eat alone.

It sucks.

But on the bright side, I have saved $27.something and I have saved myself from smoking 87 cigarettes in the 6 days since I quit. I have a little calculator bookmarked so I can check it every day. I smoked a little more than a half pack a day (I put 14 in there) and I paid $6.25 per pack (estimated, I always bought the sale ciggs at $1 off, normal packs are $7something, but I rarely had to pay full price, I always found something on sale). But it doesn't have a spot for the exact time you quit smoking, so it says I've quit for 6 hours longer than I really have.

Comment

Ya it's hard to find something to do on break when you have smoked your entire adult life. Or before .

I don't have to take my breaks....they don't care. I just stay at my desk. I tend to eat lunch there too and don't see the light of day till the day is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X