Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even by MY standards you're being weird. Stop it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even by MY standards you're being weird. Stop it.

So I went out for dinner last night with a few people from the anime group (which I'm sure I've mentioned here before). One of the guys had actually been banned from the group (come to find out it was for bothering the girls and making bizarre comments). Silly me, I figured the presence of other people would get him to behave a bit normal...well, yes and no.

He announces his presence by sneaking up behind me and putting a hand over my eyes; he's lucky I knew he was coming. There was a pack of businessmen near me who shared in my "WTF" look...it's perfectly acceptable to walk two more steps and sit down next to someone to get their attention. Especially if I have my nose in a book. Otherwise you run the risk of being hit by said book or possibly worse.

The walk to the T began a mildly odd line of questioning. When finding out that I'm living with my mom, he says: "Are you ever gonna get a place of your own?" (I had one, lost my job, couldn't keep up with the rent...why do you need to know all the details?).

Dinner itself was pretty normal; he was expounding on which celebrities had Aspergers and why; a lot of his 'analyses' were shot down by the rest of us. That was fun...he also claimed that drinking milk was the same thing as eating meat because if you're drinking something that comes from a cow you're also eating the cow (er, what?).

As it turned out I had to bail shortly after dinner to get some homework in under the wire (hanging out at the mall was the best he could come up with?). Nobody else in the group has even taken online courses but the other two understand. He comes up with: "Come on, don't tell me you have a curfew." Friend reins him in; he tries to kiss me before I can scamper off.

He doesn't strike me as creepy per se, just a bit too forward; he's nice, but not really the type of person I'd want a real relationship with. Not sure what I'm going to do if he starts calling 6x a day...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Eh, if you feel uncomfortable, use the word.....STOP.

Beavis, Stop that! I do not appreciate you touching/arguing/annoying me. Stop it now.

if he continues, ask for the check and ditch the mofo.
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
      That was fun...he also claimed that drinking milk was the same thing as eating meat because if you're drinking something that comes from a cow you're also eating the cow (er, what?).
      This dude's a whackaloon, but to get a cow to produce milk, you have to make it produce more cows, so from a certain cock-eyed perspective, it could be viewed as being just as bad, but it's certainly not the same thing.

Honestly, sounds like he's the autistic one. Low end of the spectrum, but obviously has some issues with interpersonal interactions.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yup. For someone to get unanimously banned by a group of Aspies for social boundary issues...that takes a lot. At least I finally found out why he was banned... He seems okay as long as there are others around to balance the weird. I don't plan to go out alone with him anytime soon.

On another note, one of his friends went to the same HS I did and we may have crossed paths at some point. Cool.

Comment

So, nursing babies are really cannibals?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

One of the other guys asked him to explain the meat/milk thing and I could almost hear the gears in his head grinding.

According to mom, that is a common argument for veganism, but he was arguing against it in the same sentence.
            Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-14-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Sometimes guys are reeeeaaaalllllly weird when they try to flirt.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X