This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oooohhhh! My mom is in TROUBLE!!!!

I can't stop laughing about this, so obviously - it's not REAL trouble she's in.

Her and my dad began a 7-night, Western Caribbean cruise today. The cruise was due to depart at 4pm, so I was surprised when my cell rang at 515pm.

I was working, but was mildly alarmed to see the call come in after they were to have departed. I answered it.

Me: "Mom? Where are you?"

Mom: "What? Oh..on the ship!"

Me: "What's wrong? Is it late departing?"

Mom: "No, it left on time."

Me: ....

Mom: ....

*hears speaking in background*

Mom: (to voice in background) "Oh, for Chrissakes. It is not!"

Me:

Mom: (to me) "This isn't an international call yet, is it?"

Me: "How would I know? How far out are you?"

*At this point, I knew they couldn't be far because the ship had just left a bit over an hour prior.*

Mom: (heavy, put-upon sigh) "I have to go. Your FATHER (emphasis hers)caught me and is making me hang up. He says we'll pay expensive fees."

Me: (supressing laughter) "Did you want anything in particular?"

Her: "No. I have to go now. He's having a fit!"

*click*

They're hilarious. They've truly become 'the Bickersons' in their old age. It sounded like two little kids squabbling over the telephone.

Also, earlier in the week she said, "Seven days trapped on a boat (yes, she used the word BOAT) with your father. If you hear about someone on the news falling overboard, it WASN'T an accident. I jumped!"

*sigh* Keep an ear out on those news channels, ya'll.
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 11-14-2010, 04:23 AM.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

My parents went on a cruise this past spring.

They did not call us from the ship.

(Actually, they did contact us, but not until the end because they were delayed several hours getting back.)
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
    X