This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such a relief

To be done with Christmas shopping....I dont buy for many people, just the 'rents, brother, bf, and two friends (I have a big family, and cannot afford gifts to all, and would actually like if we all stopped gifts...but I have no say)

Anyway, this is the year of uncreative gifts! The family is getting DVDs, the bf and I bought needed hiking boots, and the friends are getting cute nick-nacks.

At least I can avoid stores until Jan....an early "best of luck" to all here who must work on Black Friday...*hugs*
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

I just finished my last present, I made an amethyst necklace for a good friend of mine who adores the color purple, and amethysts.

Now I am building a small box to give it in.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Okay stupid question but what are the 'rents?
      Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Rents= parents

And that necklace is lovely!! Amethyst is such a great stone
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Ah okay I had never heard that before. Man I know I'm getting old now. I can't even keep up with all the hip lingo.

Anywho that's great that you're done with your shopping. Going out and fighting those crowds really suck. Then you throw unkind people into the mix and well you know......
          Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

My wife loves to shop,so she'll drive the 25 miles to town & spend all day at it.I don't,so I get on Amazon or Cabelas/Bass Pro Shops (couple of the in-laws are outdoorsy people like me ) & have whatever shipped to my door.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Pretty necklace, AccountDrone!

And im not even halfway done with shopping...

Comment

That necklace is awesome. I haven't done gifts for a couple of years, but thi year I may do homemade food gifts.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hehehe
                  TTO and I decided our wedding rings are our pressies to each other. TBS (his sister - Tall Blonde Sister) and I have put a R100 cap on gifts to each other - I'm eyeing a pretty keyring for her...
                  My parents are overseas, so I'll get their pressies in Jan for when I see em; and TTO's Dad isn't really into presents - he travels in his RV, so doesn't really need much.
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Yeah, we'd probably skip presents all together, or at least just one gift each.....but my mother is huge on buying a great deal of crap no one wants.....so we all feel we need to buy as well...ugh, lol.

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                      Rents= parents

And that necklace is lovely!! Amethyst is such a great stone
                      Thanks, total cost through Fire Mountain Gems after bulk discount was $24.30 [ignoring the cost of the needles and crimp tool] I got the amethyst drops and rondel beads off their sale section. I have enough to make another identical necklace =)
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                      X