This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix is...odd sometimes.

Just finished watching Ice Road Truckers Season 2. Found Season 3 and clicked on it to add it to my instant queue, then I caught this in the sidebar:

Ice Road Truckers: Season 3

Recommended based on your interest in:

Ice Road Truckers: Season 1

Ice Road Truckers: Season 2

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Wait, what?

I have the same problem with Amazon.

"Because you bought Ghost Hunters: Season 2 (Part 1) DVD- We recommend:

~South Park

~Girls Next Door"

YouTube's recommendations are downright questionable sometimes too. "Oh! You liked a video that was a clip from Tanz Der Vampire? We recommend, for you, this homemade video of two teenage girls singing Avril Lavigne songs horribly off-key"
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Firecat, I can beat that on weird youtube suggestions.
      I've before gotten "sexy college girl teasing" because you subscribed to "Tyler Oakley"

Tyler Oakley is a comedian, what the hell does that have to do with sexy college girls, that's first... second, I have watched 'naughty' videos on youtuhbe before... they most certainly did not involve college girls, so why the hell would they think I want to see that...

My netflix though seems to know me pretty well, I've found some really great movies through my suggestions that I wouldn't have otherwise thought to look at.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post

My netflix though seems to know me pretty well, I've found some really great movies through my suggestions that I wouldn't have otherwise thought to look at.
        OH me too that's why I go to the effort of rating everything
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Could be worse...

http://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2010/11/16/
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

They're just filling in gaps based on what other people who have enough of a match in watched programs also go with.

It's not that the sites are weird, but the people using them are.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So this tells me a surprising amount of people that enjoy Ice Road Truckers also have a soft spot in their hearts for the Twilight movies....

Comment

Amazon is strange, too. In my list of recommendations they have started including various food items. I haven't looked at any cookbooks or other cooking-related merchandise, so I have no clue what they based that on. And anyway who buys instant noodle soups online??
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                X