This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm starting to hate this time of year

Sorry for the grumbling, but I just needed to vent...

In the last 3 years, I've lost a father in law and two cats, all around the end of October/beginning of November. I used to love the fall and Halloween in particular, an now I just want to skip the entire season. I'm just getting tired of all the crap falling at the same time.

Just.... bleh.

*goes to find cookies and hot chocolate*
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

*sends cookies and hot chocolate*
    That is terrible. It must be really rough for you right now. I'm here for you if you need to vent.
    *hugs?*
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

*Sends more cookies and hot chocolate* 'cause you can never have enough x

Comment

I understand. In various Octobers, we (the Mrs. and I) have lost 3 cats and a daughter.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Four family members and one cat. That's what has left my life since the beginning of 2008. Oh, and a steady source of income. Want to come over to where I live, and we can play Scrooge and Marley?

Comment

I also understand. My stepgradfather and uncle around Halloween, Maternal grandfather the next week. Uncle and paternal grandfather on the 23rd and 24th of December (They died one after the other, 2 years in a row....made for horrible Christmases!).

Its a hard time of year. But I cant think of anything my loved ones past would rather see me do then have a good time, celebrating and loving my family and friends.

*hugs*

Comment

*sends marshmallows* what you can't have hot cocoa without marshmallows-it's just wrong(unless you have whipped cream or something)

I used to have a hard time around the holidays-but then I kind of changed my outlook, and instead of remembering how they died around this time of year-I started thinking about all the other years we did fun stuff. And now I try to be the person my nieces and nephews will remember that way when I'm gone.

I'm the 34 year-old aunt out in the backyard x-mas morning pulling kids on sleds, having snowball fights, building snowmen, freezing my butt off. (It also gets me out of the post present cleanup )
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
              X