Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, Universe, Have You Done Enough Yet?

One thing I want to emphasize: I am not asking "What else can go wrong?" I refuse to ask that question. I know that the universe takes that question as a challenge, and makes sure to give an answer that I won't like.

No, I just want to know if it's finally done.

Over the past 6 weeks (roughly, I think less, but am not 100% positive of the start date), the following has happened (in this order):
    • SO's mom lost part of her right leg due to an infection (amputated just below the knee). Her other leg has an MRSA infection that is being very very slow to heal, and might yet cost her that leg.
    • SO's mom's husband passed away.
    • SO and I went to visit SO's mom. Drove from NJ to TN (with her location in TN, would have spent as much time flying as driving).
    • My mom did house sitting for us. While on our way back (entering West Virginia), she broke her left wrist.
    • Two days after getting back, I came down with bronchitis.
    • This past Monday, I took the truck to the mechanic. It was stuttering while accelerating, like it wasn't getting gas smoothly. Well, it wasn't. New fuel pump (and $730 later), it works well.
    • Same day as truck, SO came down with some sort of cold/flu thing that's still hitting her a bit, but didn't knock her totally flat like the bronchitis did to me.

I think that covers all of it. It seems like every time I try to tell it all, I forget something.

So, universe, are you finally done? Or is there more to come?

ETA: So, with all that, my life has been kinda upside down. I might be late getting the first bits of integration done for the new chat system. Trying not to, but it could happen. I'm sorry if it does.

Good heavens, don't worry about the chat system! With all that's been happening, I think we can forgive you if you get behind on a few things...

Hope it only gets better from here!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Jeezus. Screw the chat system, go snuggle with SO and Storm and tell the Universe to go FOff for the week. At least a week.

Lots of fluids, simple foods and rest for Honey, and you just need a break.
      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I'm throwing my support behind TAKE A BREAK ALREADY!

Generally when stuff like this all happens at one time, there's a reason. Go play hermit for a few, we'll still be here.

Comment

I agree! We don't need a chat, really. We can all post and PM. Take care of the important stuff!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I gotta ditto whats said. You, your SO and your overall health comes first. Take care of you.

We'll be here when you get back.

Comment

Wow...that's a lot to go on at once.
              I will echo (echo echo) the others in you should take a break. Get some tea (or whatever soothes you) and sit and relax, you need it.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

^^^^^^ What the others say.

Take a break!

Work (and us) will be here when you're ready.

Now, go away and get better and take care of the SO - the SO needs you now, so (pardon the French) F**k OFF and deal with the important things first!

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                X