Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thelma's getting a little brother. (Now with pics!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thelma's getting a little brother. (Now with pics!)

So, this wednesday I'm getting an 8 week old kitten. Thelma's (my cat) is getting a little brother.

Thelma's relations with other cats have been limited. She tended to stay with her sister Louise at the shelter before someone adopted her, (And then we adopted Thelma).

When we lived with our roomate who had two cats, Thelma was scared of one because he was frankly nuts. I understand cats can be terrortorial, but they eventually settle into an ignore other cat with time. Not one of them. This cat was always chasing her, to the point we had to seperate them by having thelma in my room all the time. 24/7 he'd be right outside my door. If my door even glanced open, he'd try to rush in. The only time he'd leave my door alone, is if he went to eat/drink or poo. Otherwise, right by my door. I'd have to pick him up and put him in his owners room, shut it, to get into my own room.

However, during the blizzard that cat dissappeared. I honestly can say I was hoping it died or disappeared as Thelma and the other cat got along great. They played, slept together, ate together, immedity after that wierd cat disappeared. They were like best friends. Then that other cat came back a few days later, and it went right back to the hell it was. Thankfully the roommate left after awhile, and THelma got the whole house back.

But hey, we're hoping they'd get along. At such a young age, I doubt it would try to keep Thelma in perment hunt mode.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Getting a kitten is a good idea. I hope it's a relatively calm and friendly one (unlike the previous cat that gave Thelma hell). Hopefully Thelma will become motherly towards the kitten and they'll get along.

Please post pics when you get the kitten! You know how we all love pet pics here!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Kittehs? I heard there were kittehs and I wanted to see.

Hope they get along, I bet they will...after some acclimating.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Plaidman View Post
        terrortorial
        Was this a typo or intentional? Either way, given that we are talking about cats, I find it highly amusing. Little terrors, indeed.

There will be pics, right? I need to live vicariously through people who are allowed to have kittens.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'll take Thelma.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I demand photos! <3 Kitteh!

Comment

Itty bitty widdle kitten?? Awwwwwwww

Ahem. Ok, I'm better now. I got Riley as a friend for Morgan about 5 yrs ago, and she still hates him, lol. But Morg is completely pyschotic, even for a cat.

Congrats on the new kitten, and pix please when he lets you take them
              "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
              "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Sorry it took so long! Pal lost his camera for a bit. In anycase, I originally wanted to name him after one of my fantasy characters, ( I know, super nerdy). However, I am since a lover of gags and puns, I decided to name him Louis. Why Louis? Well, I already have a cat name Thelma, and since Louis is a boy, I can't very well name him Louise can I?

Here is him!

Him and I

Crap... he's evil.

And one very jealous (But starting to act like a sister cat) Thelma and my little cousin T who for whatever reasons looks up to me alot.

Last edited by Plaidman; 12-01-2010, 02:15 AM.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

KITTIES!!!!!! So cute! Congratulations on the new kitty Plaidy!
                  I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

oooh Kitty! He looks pretty chill, as well. And I like the facial hair, Plaidman. Very rugged.
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Ooh, pretty kitties!

And that's a very good picture of you, Plaidman.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Awww, how adorable! *does a few squee's*
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Cute!

And the kitty's not bad either!

Comment

Awwwww, adorable.

Comment

KITTY KITTY KITTY KITTY!!! *pets screen*
                              they're both gorgeous
                              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                              X