This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Menu suggestions

So in order for my mouth to heal and prevent infections I need to eat softer foods or small pieces like you would feed a baby. I'm also not allowed to eat or drink anything containing dairy or yeast for 6 to 8 weeks. It's only been 3 days but I am so sick and tired of fruit pieces, humus and non dairy meal replacement drinks.

Anybody have any suggestions for things that I could eat?

Pasta with a simple tomato sauce, maybe? like egg noodles and marinara?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Stuff like pasta e faglioli, chili, most pasta dishes, stuffed squash, jambalaya, etc. should probably fit the bill.

Comment

I went through a time like that,couldn't chew anything,all my food had to be soft (I lost some weight) so I was always on the lookout for food.

I modified some of my favorite Mexican dishes,e.g.,instead of tostadas,I mashed up fried corn tortillas,mixed 'em with my refried beans,put sour cream & salsa on top.I also ate carne adovada,which is pork cooked in red chile sauce.I'd put it on top of scrambled eggs sometimes.After 8-10 hours in a slow cooker pork just falls apart.
        You could use any kind of sauce for that,BBQ,teriyaki,whatever you like.

V8 juice was an essential for me then,as I couldn't eat very many vegetables.I know it's got a lot of salt in it,but the low-sodium stuff tastes like crap.If you're in good health & don't have hypertension you don't need to worry about the salt,just drink enough water & you'll be fine.
        "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

The V8 soups are wonderful, I practically lived on that, mashed potatoes, and oatmeal once when I had to eat a soft/semi-liquid diet.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

My mom makes this excellent chicken noodle soup that has carrots, potatoes, and squash. Everything is cut up, put into a pot, and cooked until it's soft. Throw in a little cilantro and a bullion square and you're good to go. It can be put into a blender and blended up if you're worried about hurting yourself with pieces of anything (Because of my Arnold-Chiari, I typically eat it like this anyway just to be safe). Very good with a piece of toast on the side

....dangit, I wish I had some of that soup right now.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Oatmeal or other hot cereal made with water or non-dairy milk.

Personally, I like the low-sodium V8 juice better than the regular V8 juice, but I also think I'm weird as I don't like a lot of salt in anything. I have never salted my pasta water and I decided to try it once a few weeks ago since I hear everywhere, make sure you salt your pasta water or else your pasta won't be flavorful enough! Well, I salted my pasta water and I couldn't STAND the final result, it was way too salty for me.

... Anyway, sorry for the off-topic. >.> How about canned tuna, or other canned fish? Alton Brown had a recipe for a canned bristling sardine spread that looked good, although I've never made it 'cuz it had avocado in it and I'm allergic to avocado. I think when I get my other two wisdom teeth out next week, I'm gonna make a big pot of egg drop soup to eat for the first couple of days. Speaking of eggs, there's also soft scrambled eggs, or even fried eggs don't require much chewing if you cut them up. Also, if you get tired of regular mashed potatoes, try mashed sweet potatoes. You can get sweet potatoes in a can if you don't feel like taking the time to cook your own, just dump them in a sauce pan and add a little water or broth and some seasoning...salt/pepper if you want it savory, or maybe some brown sugar or maple syrup if you want them a little sweeter.

Comment

I would suggest, perhaps a goulash of some variety?

Campfire stew (alphabet soup, tomato soup, browned ground beef) might also be an option.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X