This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
    Best Buy has a tower for $219 that I'm going to go get that morning.
    Check the specs. While there are a few real bargains to be had, most of the cheap tower systems have a lot of things where corners were cut to get the prices down to make them look a lot more impressive than they really are.

One cheap netbook that's been advertised for $100 is being hailed as really impressive.... as a doorstop.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The outlets in Williamsburg are opening at midnight, with some of the stores opening at 10pm Thursday. Those poor employees, their stores are going to be open for 24 hours, you know they have to have a lot of people working really long days. I kind of want to bring some of them food or something (as I go there a lot and know most of the employees at some of the shops), but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it 10 feet without being accosted by someone trying to take my food and saying they saw it first so I can’t have it.

Perhaps I'll just invite them out for drinks after the hell day is over.
      Last edited by Solumina; 11-25-2010, 01:39 AM.

Comment

For basic use, the CPU speed no longer matters. The RAM does, but can be upgraded later, and the same goes for the hard disk. If you need a machine that functions correctly *now* and are on a tight budget, then I would recommend looking around the sales once the initial chaos has calmed down a bit. Perhaps go at normal opening time and see what's left.

Of course, what *I* would do is a little bit different, but I don't have a massive constraint on money at the moment.

Comment

I have a dilemma now. Best Buy has that Wii system I mentioned with Wii Sports and Super Mario brothers for $170 on line. No waiting in line. My wife has told me "no video games in the house" but I've wanted a Wii for a long time and I'm sure she would use the Sports package to help her move etc.. (she's still post-op and has her hip issues).
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            I have a dilemma now. Best Buy has that Wii system I mentioned with Wii Sports and Super Mario brothers for $170 on line. No waiting in line. My wife has told me "no video games in the house" but I've wanted a Wii for a long time and I'm sure she would use the Sports package to help her move etc.. (she's still post-op and has her hip issues).
            Next word after telling her "It's a Wii medical device."

"Medic!"
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I normally refuse to leave the house black friday. I'm small and easily trampled. Anything I may or may not need from the grocery store/whatever I usually just do without until the weekend.

But both of my fav fabric stores are having sales....and I need to buy my supplies for my saturday christmas stocking class.

So I guess I'm going fabric shopping.
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                I normally refuse to leave the house black friday. I'm small and easily trampled. Anything I may or may not need from the grocery store/whatever I usually just do without until the weekend.
                From all the years I worked in grocery stores, black Friday was as busy as a summertime Saturday. Busy, yes, but not mob / trampling that you see at some stores.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  It's not so much that I'm burned out, but rather that I never cared in the first place. I haven't even looked at any ads, and probably won't.
                  This x1000. There is nothing in the world I want or need badly enough to deal with that madness. Although hubs and I usually hit Best Buy later in the day to get the latest season of House for cheap. But he did that online this year.

Honestly, with so many stores starting Black Friday sales early, what's the point of Black Friday anymore?
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I don't do black Friday. I'm not gonna waste my day sitting out in the cold, getting mauled by SC's just for some one day sale when I can get stuff cheaper with sales on the other days of the year in the store with no hassle. Better yet, get it online for cheaper too. I'll take a cyber Monday over a Black Friday ANY day.
                    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 11-25-2010, 02:43 PM.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                      From all the years I worked in grocery stores, black Friday was as busy as a summertime Saturday. Busy, yes, but not mob / trampling that you see at some stores.
                      Yeah but in my area all the "grocery" stores are either a super walmart or supertarget. I could drive out of my area and go to homeland or crest though.

But still....fabric!
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                      X