This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very weird "dream" the other night...

A few weeks ago I woke up and saw something floating in the corner of our room, in the darkness it looked like a beholder (for you D&D people) but without any eyes or eye stalks. I heard and felt my wife moving around as she turned on her light and as she turned it on, nothing was there.

Then I woke up. I was in a total state of panic / fear and if I thought about the dream the fear came back to the point where I cried in fear. The dream was the most real dream I've ever had in my life, I still think back and try to wonder if I really was awake or not. For days if some random thought from the "dream" came into my mind the fear came back.

Last week I felt I was finally over it, I could think about the dream without any panic or much fear.

Until last night. I woke up again with that fear and panic in my mind and if I think about that dream again, it comes back.

I'm really not sure how to take this. My wife thinks we might have been visited even though she has no memory of anything (out of the ordinary) from that night.

edit: When I woke up (for "real") after the "dream" the dogs weren't acting out of the ordinary in any way, they were asleep and it was about 2:00am (I didn't go back to sleep until about 5am)
    Last edited by draggar; 11-25-2010, 12:55 AM.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

A beholder, or a Penanggalan? I read about these when looking up foreign movies... very freaky version on vampires.
    "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

I get something vaguely similar, different shape(s) and when I'm awake.
      Let me explain a bit more.
      I have a vanity with a mirror that faces my room, if both doors and my shades are open, I can see outside when I look in my mirror. My shades and doors are generally shut, it makes me feel more 'secure' in my own apartment (that I share with an erstwhile roomie...)
      anyway. When I look in the mirror, especially at night, I see shadowy shapes, like someone, is moving around. Sometimes it's just a flash of something, which is freakier. I start and whirl to look behind me, even after a few months of this happening, no matter if the lights are on or off. Nothing is ever there. I usually am more paranoid after midnight anyway, especially when my roomie isn't here, which is 80-90 percent of the time.
      ... it majorly stresses me out.
      I advise either putting a mirror there, a light there, or a lamp that points in that direction that you can turn on quickly... or just leave it on. I've had to do that. It's not that I'm afraid of the dark... it's what could possibly be in it that gets me on edge.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Beholder:

I didn't see a mouth, eyes, or eye stalks but the shape (including the "texture") was very similar and (even though it was dark) the color could have been similar, too.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
        X