This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first snow of the season: a dog's story

when i woke up yesterday, there was a couple inches of fresh powder on the ground. i put on some pants and about 3 layers of jackets (coats are on their way here from virginia), snow boots, gloves, and a hat. i grabbed our snow shovel and headed out to clear our driveway before it turned into ice. i let my dog, ola, out while i was shoveling.

she. went. spastic.

it was probably the most amazing thing i've ever seen. she went tearing around the cul-de-sac like a greyhound after a bunny. she was literally bouncing at one point. she would randomly stop, eat a chunk of show, and take off again.

our neighbor's kids were also out playing in the snow. she and them have played before, but never in snow. they were chasing each other around, playing like loons. at one point, the boys were pulling each other around on a plastic sled. ola would run along side, then attempt to climb on the moving sled. with one of the boys on it. needless to say, this sent them both rolling for a few feet.
    later, the kids were making snow angels and i'm not sure ola thought they were doing, but she would run over to them, stare at them like they're crazy, then go bounding across the cul-de-sac again.

i think the funniest thing she did was while she was running around all crazy-like, she stopped...picked up a random chunk of snow...and carried it to a pile that i had made in the yard from shoveling snow off of driveway. she looked at me, watched me for a while, then wandered off again.

she's a dork. and she's adorable. and my brother's going to be bringing her snow boots with him when he flies in next week, so i'm stoked. i can take her out to play in the snow more ^_^
    Attached Files
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Did you enjoy the inch of ice? I certainly did! ... until I had to chip it off my poor car...
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

squeeee pupppppyyyyyy!!!! I wish I could've seen her shennanigans. If only you had video to put on youtube. But the video in my head is hilarious.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        Did you enjoy the inch of ice? I certainly did! ... until I had to chip it off my poor car...
        omg stupid ice. my dad drove on our driveway before i could shovel it. we have a dry driveway...'cept two perfectly formed ice tire tracks. it's awesome.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        squeeee pupppppyyyyyy!!!! I wish I could've seen her shennanigans. If only you had video to put on youtube. But the video in my head is hilarious.
        lol! i think next time she spazes out, i'm gonna have to record it. i need to figure out how to record her reaction to kitten videos on youtube. it's soooo funny

^_^

Comment

noice.
          XD Lol, no-ice. Anyway. Yeah, my street is solid ice, because juuuust enough people have gone over it, but not too many. I have to drive 30 miles south tomorrow, half of it on back roads no one ever takes.
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Aw, bless her heart. My dog back home is afraid of snow. Luckily, they don't get snow very often.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Our dog Hank (RIP) loved the snow,the deeper the better.

Onr time a friend came over & saw him sleepin' in a big drift on the deck & said "He looks cold,don't you think you should let him in?"

So I go open the door & say "You wanna come in Hank?" He just raised his head,looked at me then went back to sleep
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

That's so cute!!! No snow here, but my dog Bear would get so chipper whenever I would walk him and it's cold outside.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Pablo wasn't a snow fan, either. Then again, he had no hair on his belly and he was only 8 inches tall
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When we got our second collie, it snowed the night we brought her home. Dad takes her out for a walkie. She sniffs around for a spot to piddle and the moment she hits snow she stand back up and sits on my dad's boot until he clears a spot of grass for her. Thus begins 10 years of spoiling daddy's little girl.

Comment

my Golden Retriver LOVEs the cold and snow. when I lived more rual and we got snow drifts in the yard, he would just run around and plow into the drifts and then roll around and run around the yard.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Doggies and snow just make an adorable combination. All of our dogs have loved snow but I think my mom's current ragamuffin loves it the most, too bad he's kind of tiny and if we get more than a couple of inches then he has to try to walk on top of the snow, which doesn't always work. Last winter mommy dearest get a few feet, Rusty got pretty good at walking on top of it but every now and then it would give out under his feet and he'd have to do this weird half jumping half swimming thing to work his way back to the porch. It was really adorable in a really pathetic kind of way but it didn't stop him from spending tons of time out there.

Comment

I love Ola, she is such a silly girl.
                          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

i took her for a walk today...i think she sniffed every foot print and paw print in the snow. of course, that made her sneeze...but she didn't care. she just loves snow.

^_^

Comment

Working...
                            X