Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im extrememly perterbed right about now..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im extrememly perterbed right about now..

So, hubby answers the phone in another room and talks then later comes to tell me who it was.

It was a diabetes supply company asking hubby if I specifically wanted a free meter. Now thats all well and good, but I dont have diabetes.

I DID have gestational diabetes during my pregnancy, but that was 5 years ago and Ive been fine since.

So, that leaves me with a question. WHERE THE FUCK did they get my information? My medical records are supposed to be private. I have private insurance, my information should not have been shared.

I know this is trivial in the scheme of things, but for some reason its really bothering me. It sucks that I didnt get a chance to talk to the company b/c i wouldve asked them.

Blargh.

Probably was looking for someone with your exact name, but when they looked your name up, got the wrong person.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

When you had gestational diabetes, did you purchase or order any medicines or supplies specific to diabetes? If so, did you pay with a credit card? Any or all of those things could very easily explain how they might get your information, beyond medical records, and why they would think you might be interested in a meter.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Im 99% positive that Im the only one with my name in the city I live in. My name is not that common. So I doubt that..and im still perturbed.. LOL.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          When you had gestational diabetes, did you purchase or order any medicines or supplies specific to diabetes? If so, did you pay with a credit card? Any or all of those things could very easily explain how they might get your information, beyond medical records, and why they would think you might be interested in a meter.
          Nope. All i had to do was track my blood sugar and eat right. No meds, no insulin. I got a meter but it was through the hospital and paid for by my insurance. Still not something that should be shared.

Comment

very tempting to go to the AMA (or equivalent) right about 5 minutes ago.
            It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

is it possible that you ordered some supplies way back when, and they were using past records? It could be simple as that.

Considering there are HIPPA rules and all..it's highly unlikely your personal information was given out.

I could be wrong...
              I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

It could be that someone bought a list with your phone number on it. I've *never* had diabetes, and *I'm* getting those calls and/or emails.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  It could be that someone bought a list with your phone number on it. I've *never* had diabetes, and *I'm* getting those calls and/or emails.
                  Protege could be onto something here. Back in the '80's I got a landline that had previously been held by a pizza place and continued to get orders for 5 years hence.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Your call could have been random. I get emails and calls for hip replacement recalls and I still have my original hips.
                    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Those wonderful "warranty registration cards" when you buy certain products are another source. Do you really think a company needs to know your hobbies when you buy a ceiling fan? Of course not--they're going to harvest that info, and sell it on.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        Those wonderful "warranty registration cards" when you buy certain products are another source. Do you really think a company needs to know your hobbies when you buy a ceiling fan? Of course not--they're going to harvest that info, and sell it on.
                        I hate those and refuse to answer any query but addy, model # and serial # of the item.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It may have been a "coincidence" but It still bothers me a bit.

Comment

It's probably a cold call offering something free to find new customers. They've got a list of names and numbers and are just going down the row trolling for bites.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                            X