Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty sure I broke my toe this morning.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty sure I broke my toe this morning.

I'm not going to the freaking doctor, the only thing they will tell me to do different from what I am doing is

1. Fill a prescription to something that does not work nearly as well as booze.

2. Pay them.

I have a high freaking pain tolerance and am a migraine sufferer. This ain't nothin.

Although I think I will be reduced to wearing a pair of crocs to the white napkin luncheon tomorrow. That will look nice with what I'm wearing, won't it?

I guess it ain't a party if someone ain't hurt.

Fuck.

How did it happen?

Comment

I don't even have a cool story. I stubbed my toe on a landscape timber while I was taking luggage out of my van. Basically, I stubbed my pinky toe and jerked it backwards. I don't know if I jerked it out of joint or broke it. It's not out of joint now, but it's all black and blue and it aches like a mother. I can bend it, but I assure you the motivation is there not to.

I hit it hard, but I would have thought I would have to hit it a lot harder than I did to inflict this kind of injury on it. I guess it's not a big bone.

Comment

I think I've broken my small toe more times can I can count - hitting it on a corner, bathtub, etc..

Hurts like hell, hopefully you have some good pain killers.

Doctors will tell you there isn't much you can do other than take it easy. The bones are too small to and the toe is too small to even wrap up.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Yeah, I just finished a painkiller called Kiowa Kooler. It was pink and had a cherry and a lime in it.

Comment

My mom broke a toe not long ago. Nothing you can do about it.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              Yeah, I just finished a painkiller called Kiowa Kooler. It was pink and had a cherry and a lime in it.
              That's the best kind of painkiller.

Feel better!

Comment

I guess it ain't a party if someone ain't hurt.
                Yeah, but the hurt is supposed to happen at the party, preferably by way of drunken shenannigans, not before!

Sounds like potent stuff.

I kicked a chair leg with my pinky toe (bare feet, even) the night before I had to drive 4 hours to my friend's wedding. My toe matched my purple-y toenail polish. Of course it was the right foot, too, for extra pedal-pushing fun during the trip. I ended up wearing flip flops to the wedding, which was just as well since it was in a park on grass with a gravel path from the parking lot. I had wanted to wear the flip-flops anyway (they're black with a fabric band across the top of the foot, not like rubber thongs or anything) and my mom was like "you can't wear those to a wedding!" I probably would have worn them anyway...not like she was going to be there!

Oh, and then I milked it and wore sneakers to work for about a week.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've broken both little toes,the right one twice (so much for "You drummers are so coordinated!"),ain't much you can do about it except continue on your present course of painkillers
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                    I've broken both little toes,the right one twice (so much for "You drummers are so coordinated!"),ain't much you can do about it except continue on your present course of painkillers
                    Yes, make sure you don't skip any doses!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

My mother broke her toe once...

Trying to punt me into next week...

Why would she want to do that?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Oh, yeah. It's broken.

I had a little sports tape on it to support it (when I hyperextened my pinky finger two summers ago, that really helped) and when I unwrapped it, the whole toe was bruised black.

Not the first toe I've broken. I broke my big toe waiting tables. Fun times.

So I put it into ice water (which hurts worse than the initial injury) and the husband brought me some more painkiller. This brand of painkiller was made by a pharmacutical company called "Patron".

I did put an ice pack on it when it all went down, but if I'd realized how messed up my toe was, I would have done the ice water thing right then.

I guess going down to the riverwalk tomorrow is right out.

Comment

So sorry - I've broken my little toe 5 times in my lifetime (I'm a clutz) so I know what you are feeling with. I found the best way to alleivate the pain aside from painkillers was to use medical tape to tape it to the next toe to help stabilize it and keep it from moving too much when I walked.

Right now I"m dealing with a hairline fracture in the top part of my foot - dropped a box full of flooring tiles on it a month ago.

Enjoy the coolers.
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I've broken the little toe on my right foot at least 3 times. I find taping it to the toe next to it helps a little bit, painkillers and icing it every now and then for the swelling helped alot too. After that, it's just a waiting game regarding the healing.
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                              I think I've broken my small toe more times can I can count - hitting it on a corner, bathtub, etc..

Hurts like hell, hopefully you have some good pain killers.

Doctors will tell you there isn't much you can do other than take it easy. The bones are too small to and the toe is too small to even wrap up.

I hit/stubbed/broke mine several times on the dresser in my bedroom resulting in spiral fractures. all the Dr. would do is give me some pain pills and have me wrap the toe with the next one over with self-adhesive tape for 2 weeks. hurt like heck but there was no other options.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X