This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sulk* (college football)

Oh, Boise State, what am I going to do with you?
    2 years. 2 years of no-loss games, and what happens? We get dumped at the first whiff of failure. Yeah, 2007 wasn't so hot for us, but 2006? Dead on. This is what people were saying before we lost to Nevada on the 26th:
    “What else do they have to do? They’re on the verge of their fourth undefeated season in six years, you got to be kidding me,” [Pat] Hill said [Fresno State coach]. “Now someday we’ve got to wake up and say we can’t just listen to the people who get all the money. We’ve got to listen to the people that have the best teams. They’re a great football team.”
    And fuck I was guessing, in an angry and offhanded/hyperbolic way when I groused that "and the BCS'll probably dump the Broncos to 20, rabble rabble rabble." (Broncos are 19, down from 3, 4 if you were asking the computers.)
    Way to go guys, missing kicks.
    Yeah, I can't even play the sport, but damn. I'm sick of everyone but BSU fans (and the all-too-rare realists) saying that BSU has just gotten lucky... for the last three fucking years.
    Oh. And this.

EDIT: Go Broncos!
    Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 11-28-2010, 07:10 AM.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

It's hard to feel bad for Boise State when ISU's football team has like...lost the last 3 seasons. BADLY. I mean...most games were humiliatingly bad. So...yeah. Suck it up, Boise. This is how we feel. ALL THE TIME.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

-____- ; It's more outrage at how BSU isn't being recognized, just because it's a poor school-- in other words, the BCS was made for the best schools to get together and play ball, it wasn't made for the rich schools to play ball together. Money, not football. And now all the haters have a scrap of justification for not letting BSU, and Oregon (Ducks), into the Game. We get the Humanitarian Bowl. Again.
      I'd feel differently if BSU lost all the time, or even some of the time.
      But seasons of unlost games?
      EDIT: whatever game BSU plays, you can tell that those on the field love what they're doing, and Coach Pete is too amazing at what he does to be in it for glory. The man is a certifiable saint. The whole team is made up of guys who are genuinely cool, or at least can stuff it while they're on the field. So, it's up to the fans to bitch for them!
      Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 11-28-2010, 08:30 AM.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Yeah, that's true. It does suck that people are like "oh look where they're from look who they are they suck." Like that one team...I think it was Virginia Tech who like really made fun of them? And then Boise State kicked their ass? That was awesome. I feel the urge to do this: Idaho RepreSENT!

But yeah. At least you guys have won. *sobs*
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Even though I am an alum and a fan of a school from a "major" conference, I have been rooting for Boise State, for two reasons. 1. I like the way they play. 2. They, more than anyone else, even TCU, had the potential to prove what a crock the BCS is, and help bring about some sort of meaningful playoff system.

And yes, for those who are wondering, I DO have an idea for one. One that would bring about a real champion, while keeping the bowl system in place, and making even MORE money for the schools....but of course, since my system makes sense, it will never happen.

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
          And now all the haters have a scrap of justification for not letting BSU, and Oregon (Ducks), into the Game. We get the Humanitarian Bowl. Again
          Um, no. Oregon is a member of the PAC-10, one of the major conferences, and an AQ (Automatic Qualifier) conference. As such, they are not going to be shut out. If they win out, they are IN the national title game (especially since right now they are ranked #1). Even if they lose to Oregon State, they are going to be in one of the BCS bowls.

Other than the shocker of the Boise State game, I had a good Football Friday:

1. Arizona State beat UCLA handily. After letting the Bruins get out to a 17-0 lead in the first quarter, ASU then ralled back and outscored UCLA 55-17 the rest of the way. It was awesome.

2. Arizona lost to Oregon. After playing Oregon tough and leading the Ducks at halftime, the Cats came out in the second half and were bitch-slapped by the Oregon "blur" offense. It was beautiful.

And now I am going to get more and more amped up waiting for Thursday, December 2. The Duel in the Desert. Arizona State at Arizona. At stake, the oldest trophy for a rivalry game in the nation, the Territorial Cup. Not to mention potential bowl eligibility for the Sun Devils. And the chance to knock the Mildcats into a lesser bowl.

Oh, I am amped!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

And Arkansas whomped LSU...which I only know because it was allllllll over my Facebook feed. I really wish they'd change their "cheer," nothing like 10 statuses (stati?) in a row of "Whooooooo Pig Sooie" to make your friends look like the guys from Deliverance.

I'm sure my current school has been losing playing football games, but ever since basketball season started, the football team has been a collective persona non grata on campus.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

...i had a good couple of paragraphs about i'm so bloody tired of BSU and blue and orange, but then i decided how that's more fratching territory. but i really am. i'm almost glad they lost. maybe the city will calm down a bit.

however...i am slightly annoyed by this whole "polling" thing. i don't really understand it, but why/how do a few people's opinions of a team matter? all i know is that every time BSU goes down in the polls, people gripe about it for days. i just don't get it.
              If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
              ^_^

Comment

To make it very simplistic, the rankings in college football are currently determined by a combination of factors, including (but not quite limited to) a coach's poll and a computer-crunched formula. So, while other people's opinions matter, it is not ALL that matters.

I hope that makes sense without going into overly much detail.

And it should be obvious to everyone that, no matter what you think of other people's opinions, if/when your team loses, their ranking is going to go down.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

All I'm going to say is on Saturday I'm going to be a huge fan of the Cocks and Beavers.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

sex lights?
                    (that's a reference to when one sees the flashy lights on top of the typical cop car when the said police officer has pulled someone over... because someone's getting... :cough: )

Comment

So it seems the National Championship game is set.

Nike U (Oregon) vs Soon-To-Be-On-The-Death-Penalty U (Auburn). Can I root for a 0-0 tie?
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm cheering for the Ducks. Mostly because the win would make BSU look as awesome as I know the Broncos are.

EDIT: as of week 14, we're 11. Or 9, if you count the coaches' votes (iiuc).
                        Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 12-05-2010, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X