This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appetizers for Grey Cup

Hey I know this short notice but anyone know any good appetizers for Grey Cup.I have to bring a couple for tonight.

How much time do you have? I have a recipe for an awesome bacon cheese dip but prep time is well over an hour

Comment

I have till most of the afternoon, so that would work. Sounds yummy...bacon and cheese flavour, goes good with nachos i guess?!

Comment

Go to Loblaws/Food Mart/ Super Store in the frozen section their are appetizers like hot wings, mozza sticks, etc pre-made. All you have to do is heat them up. ^-^
        Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
        Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

cool alright here's the recipe

1 box of pre cooked bacon ( or real bacon bits)
          2 packages of cream cheese
          2 cups of sour cream
          2 table spoons of Worcestershire sauce
          1 large onion (very finely mince)
          2-4 cloves of garlic ( very finely minced)
          1 large bag of Kraft Tex Mex Cheese
          1 large sourdough bread (optional)

crumble the bacon into a large mixing bowl. add cream cheese (softened and cut unto small pieces), sour cream, tex mex cheese, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and garlic . Used a hand mixer to blend everything together until everything is well mixed.

At this point you can choose to be fancy or not I usually take a large round sourdough bread and cut out the inside to make a deep bread bowl adds a bit of wow factor and you can eat the bowl after the did is gone

if you rather not use the bread bowl just use a large casserole dish thats fine too

once you re done mixing everything together spoon as much of the mixture as you can into the bread bowl wrap the whole think in aluminium foil and bake in the over for 1 hour at 350

ideally you want to serve this dip hot but its good cold as well

Comment

mmm...sounds awesome with those spices and sauces. Thanks so much. Enjoy the game/your day

Comment

Let me know how it turns out ( if you try it )

I'll be lifting a few Keiths at the pub tonight watching the game and hoping the Riders can keep the extra man off the field this year!!!

PS word of advice the dis is really thick so I'd suggest crackers, pretzels or thick cut chips but hell I've seen people dive in with spoons lol

Comment

Ugh, I am at this point just wishing for it to go away...
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Ham pinwheels: stir minced scallions into cream cheese and spread on rectangular ham slices. (Blot ham with paper towels to get rid of moisture first.) Roll up lengthwise and slice (serrated knife is best) crosswise. Or you can cut with kitchen shears, but you'll have to unsmoosh the pinwheels. I've been veg for 2 years and I still crave these on holidays and 4th of July.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Probably too late, but here's a fast, easy version of queso:

Cube a block of Velveeta. If you're eating it at home, melt on the stove on medium low heat. If you're going somewhere, put it in a crockpot. Add a jar of salsa. If you're feeling really fancy, add a pound of ground beef. Serve with tortilla chips.

Comment

This sounds like an awesome recipe. I am going to have to steal borrow it for my own use.

Question: can you blend it in a food processor instead of using a hand mixer? I ask because I have one and not the other.

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
                      1 box of pre cooked bacon ( or real bacon bits)
                      I would suggest either buying bacon bits (but making sure they are REAL bacon bits and not bacon-flavored semi-product stuff--Hormel is a good brand for real bacon bits), or, better yet, make your own bacon bits. It's easy and gives you a far superior product.

Simply oven-cook bacon (far less mess than a skillet, and you can do more of it on a cookie sheet than you can in a skillet), let it cool on some paper toweling (which will drain excess fat), and once cooled, chop it up with a knife. Voila! Bacon bits, better than anything you could buy in a store!

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
                      I'll be lifting a few Keiths at the pub tonight
                      What is a Keith's? I assume it's a beer of some sort, but it's a brand I have never heard of.

By the way, as I've never seen a box of pre-cooked bacon, how much bacon is that? A pound? More? Less?
                      Last edited by Jester; 11-29-2010, 05:56 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

[QUOTE]
                        Quoth Jester View Post
                        This sounds like an awesome recipe. I am going to have to steal borrow it for my own use.
                        Go ahead, I stole it from someone years ago

Question: can you blend it in a food processor instead of using a hand mixer? I ask because I have one and not the other.
                        absolutely! if you have one big enough go for it ( recipe makes more dip then you would think ) I use a hand mixer only because I didn't have a food processor until yesterday ( got myself a big one for 60% off thank you very much)

Simply oven-cook bacon (far less mess than a skillet, and you can do more of it on a cookie sheet than you can in a skillet), let it cool on some paper toweling (which will drain excess fat), and once cooled, chop it up with a knife. Voila! Bacon bits, better than anything you could buy in a store!
                        This is an excellent idea!!! I always used the pre cooked stuff out of convenience

What is a Keith's? I assume it's a beer of some sort, but it's a brand I have never heard of.
                        Alexander Keith's a very popular beer up here in Canadaland

for reference www.keiths.ca

By the way, as I've never seen a box of pre-cooked bacon, how much bacon is that? A pound? More? Less?

apparently a box in a bit under 1/4 lbs cooked weight

Comment

Made the dip everyone loved it! My sister is going to make it for her friends get together this weekend. It was really yummy and filling!

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
                            Probably too late, but here's a fast, easy version of queso:

Cube a block of Velveeta. If you're eating it at home, melt on the stove on medium low heat. If you're going somewhere, put it in a crockpot. Add a jar of salsa. If you're feeling really fancy, add a pound of ground beef. Serve with tortilla chips.
                            The standard recipe uses a can of Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chiles.I add some Sadies for more heat.

Be careful heating it up,it's real easy to burn.

I make a lot of guacamole for guests & just for ourselves,we love it.Simple is best,I use 4-5 med-large avocadoes,4-6 tablespoons of Sadies (you can use Rotel,it's easy to find),about a tablespoon of lemon juice (to keep it green,not so much for flavor) & salt to taste.I hand mash it (I use a masher but you can use a fork) so there's still little chunks left for texture.The old myth about puttin' a seed in it to keep it green is just that,a myth.
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth 50 mission cap View Post
                              Made the dip everyone loved it! My sister is going to make it for her friends get together this weekend. It was really yummy and filling!
                              glad you enjoyed it

Comment

Working...
                              X