Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how long it takes for something from Australia to come to Honolulu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how long it takes for something from Australia to come to Honolulu?

Because i won a auction for a fursuit and was wondering how long it would take to come to Hawaii.

Alas, that depends a lot on how it was shipped.

I'm in California, and I've had stuff from Australia take as little as a week, to as long as just over a month. Although the longer time was more than likely because my local PO sucks, and not because of the distance. (they once kept a package that I knew was at their office for three weeks 'cause they didn't feel like sorting it, or something).

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Andara is right. We ship items (usually papers) to Germany on a regular basis and the fastest is 3 days (and it's expensive as hell) the slowest is 3-4 weeks.

Assuming you won the auction and didn't pay for extra shipping, assume it will take the longest (3-4 weeks) since it will also have to go though customs.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        Andara is right. We ship items (usually papers) to Germany on a regular basis and the fastest is 3 days (and it's expensive as hell) the slowest is 3-4 weeks.

Assuming you won the auction and didn't pay for extra shipping, assume it will take the longest (3-4 weeks) since it will also have to go though customs.
        Well i think the person said it would be express and that it would be shipped at the end of the week.

Comment

I've never sent anything to Honolulu before, but I reguarly send stuff from Sydney to the UK and to South Africa. Uk takes about 7-10 days. SA takes longer (about 2/2.5 weeks), but thats because of their postal system on that end and I'm sending to a small town, not a major city

If it's coming out of a capital city, you're probably looking at about 7-10 days. If its from a regional or small town, it might take longer.

Also, if it goes direct to Honolulu or if it goes thru the mainland first can affect it.
          "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
          "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
          "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I've noted that most of the time post takes to get from country to country is based on the receiving country's customs system. Things going into Canada take way too long. Things coming in the US tend to get through pretty quickly. Things going to Italy are insane (I saw pricing somewhere, and Italy was like 10 times the next highest international price). *shrug*

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So long as its air transport, and from Sydney?

A day or so for processing and for it to find space in a flight to LAX.
              15 hours for Syd-LAX flight.
              Anywhere between an hour and two weeks in customs.
              Usual US postage time from LA to Honolulu.
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
                King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
                1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
                King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
                1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
                King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
                1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
                King Arthur: Please!
                1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Am I right?

Sorry,couldn't resist
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Wait,it's from Queensland Brisbane.

Silly fox.

Comment

Items shipped from MI to Sydney Australia take 11 to 15 days.

Must figure that US mail gets on what ever plan has enough room to take it. If there isn't enough room it gets pushed back to the next plane. So yea...sometimes it can be fast and sometimes it's so dang slow...

Comment

Quoth werewolffan98 View Post
                      Wait,it's from Queensland Brisbane.

Silly fox.
                      That adds one flight hop - Brisbane to Sydney. Add a few hours to my previous calculation.
                      Seshat's self-help guide:
                      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

The answer is--42

I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

The tracking for USPS now reads

Foreign International Dispatch

Comment

Now on the Aus post website it's saying "Transferred" and on the USPS site it's saying inbound out of customs.

Comment

Working...
                            X