This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive had it up to here...*cursing inside*

..."here" being over my fuckin head with my mother.

Shes watching my kids tonight and I called to make sure it was still ok and all was as planned.

Before I hang up she goes "Dont forget my bottle." I say " Excuse me?" She goes, "Dont forget my bottle of alcohol"

Me - *pissed* That wasnt part of the deal.
    Mom - Yes it was.
    Me - You know what? It really pisses me off that you would demand alcohol in order to watch your own grandkids. You dont have to watch them.
    Mom - sigh, Whatever. Just drop them off at 8 or whenever. *click

Seriously?! IM TIRED OF HER BULLSHIT. ALcohol runs her life and she wont let me or anyone help. She is unfortunately the only person to watch the kids and is the best mom in the world, when shes sober. She tries to do the same to my brother when he drops his kid off for something or other.

Im so tired over being hurt with her alcohol BS.

I cant wait to move.

Most alcoholics can't be helped, I am so sorry to tell you
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      Most alcoholics can't be helped, I am so sorry to tell you
      Sorry to point that out, but Blas is correct. I was tempted to suggest a literal interpretation and give her a bottle of rubbing alcohol, but she just might drink it as did Kitty Dukakis.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I'm so sorry. Alcoholism is such an insidious disease. Feel free to vent away as needed, hon and think about sunny Florida!
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Alcohol should never be in any kid-related negotiations. EVER. It's such a ruiner.
          Here's some hugs and stuffed toys for the kids, and a baby bottle for your mum. Sounds like she needs it.
          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Feel free to vent, I wish I had some advice, but from my experience (alcoholic grandmother, father, and brother) if they don't want help there's nothing you can do. Lots of HUGS.
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Ive tried SO hard in the past to help her.

Ive given up now, which is sad. But its my way of not wanting to be hurt over her BS anymore. I want to help, I cant help, so Im done.

The fact remains that she asks me for alcohol all the time and doesnt see that it pisses me off. My dad doesnt help either. They both drink and act like assholes. You can imagine how great the holidays are with the drunkies.

Im not moving to get away from them, but Im glad the move will take me farrrr away from them. Im so ready to be over it.

Comment

I know how you feel.
                If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you.

Comment

I can sympathize my MIL is about the same way. My husband made the decision (since she's his mom) to cut her out of our lives, and she doesn't even see the kids let alone baby-sit.

Comment

My Dad's the same way. I wish I could tell you that it gets better when you move away, but.....I'm not so sure that's the case.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

My alcoholic father demanded to have my children (when they were 7 & 8)visit him for two weeks without me. He lives six hours away from me. I told him no. He called child protective services and made up a bunch of lies in retaliation. Nothing came of it. But we had to have our house inspected and our friends/family interviewed. I have not seen or talked to him again.

Sockpuppet

Comment

Intervention time?
                        "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
                        ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

Hon, you can't help her. She has to help herself. Interventions can sometimes work to convince the person that they need to get help, but you can't stop her from drinking. Until she admits that she has a problem, she will go on this way. I'm sorry.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ive honestly stopped trying to help her, but I wont stop speaking my mind around her. She knows how I feel about it. Shes cares about her alcohol more than she cares about hurting my feeling. But you know, its always been this way.

I know moving wont change her (it actually may make her worse, shes doesnt want me to go, she'll be depressed). But it will greatly reduce how often I have to deal with it. Which is all I can now ask for.

Quoth Sockpuppet
                            My alcoholic father demanded to have my children (when they were 7 & 8)visit him for two weeks without me. He lives six hours away from me. I told him no. He called child protective services and made up a bunch of lies in retaliation. Nothing came of it. But we had to have our house inspected and our friends/family interviewed. I have not seen or talked to him again.

Sockpuppet
                            Im sorry you had to deal with that. Thats horrible.

Id also just like to add...I dont have an issue with drinking. I drink myself and have gotten drunkies a time or two (or three). Its the frequency and severity with which my mom does it that worries me. I wish I could have an intervention, but the only other person whos ever told my mom off about her drinking has been my sister in law. Everyone else doesnt see an issue or doesnt want to speak out.

Comment

Interventions don't always help. My mom was an alcoholic, I say was because last year it killed her. She was found dead in her bed by my sisters. COD, severe electrolyte imbalance due to chronic alcoholism. We tried everything for her, nothing worked and now due to her inability to stop drinking she will never know she has another granddaughter ( I got prego a month after she died).

Comment

Working...
                              X