This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sorry if i'm posting info already posted*

Rice Dream brand has non-dairy Frozen Desserts - I know i've seen RiceDream @ HEB, but i think that's a TX only brand chain; I think i've seen them @ Wal-Mart but I can't make promises

but here is a list of ingredients from their "cookies and dream" rice-cream:

Filtered water, natural sweetener mix (brown rice syrup, chicory syrup), rice mix (brown rice syrup solids, inulin, natural flavors, soy lecithin, salt), expeller pressed high oleic safflower oil, chocolate cookies (wheat flour [niacin, iron, thiamin, mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid], brown syrup, canola oil, cocoa, vanilla, soy lecithin, chocolate flavor, sodium bicatbonate, sea salt), natural vanilla flavor, contains less than 2% tapioca starch, guar, locust bean, carrageenan and xanthan gums, natural flavor.

Hope that helps, you can also find them using this

Good Luck! and yay you for not limiting her diet to the extreme exclusion of foods due to her allergy!
    I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

walmart carries rice dream on their shelves er dry shelves. whatever the term is that isn't the dairy area. planning a trip in january to show hubs the closest whole foods in baton rouge just so he can see what i mean when I say how I miss the store.

rice dream is our back up plan should lisa not be able to have tofu or some soy things

Comment

Of note is that some of the Tofutti range (we sell it at work) contains partially hydrogenated fats. Make sure on the labels that they're without?

Rapscallion

Comment

http://www.gelativo.com/mainmenu.html

If they have them overseas, these are a godsend-I'm not allergic to dairy products, but when we tested to double-check, I found these to be a godsend for dessert (the sorbet tubs only). You can get them in the 1L tubs or these tiny 125ml tubs. The website only shows two flavours available in the sorbet range, but I've seen more. (we sell it at my work-there's mango(?), passionfruit and lemon/lime.) This might be better for when she's older though. You'd be better off with the 125ml tubs, as afterwards you can use them to store things like paperclips.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

gelato is rare here. would have to go to the bigger towns to get it....so gelativo is not available in the states sadly or at least that i know of. its a region area thing i guess
            it suuucks cause central market back in texas has them but i am in louisiana...so yeah

Comment

Quoth LexiaFira View Post
              gelato is rare here. would have to go to the bigger towns to get it....so gelativo is not available in the states sadly or at least that i know of. its a region area thing i guess
              it suuucks cause central market back in texas has them but i am in louisiana...so yeah
              Yeah just double checked AFTER I posted-it's strictly Aussie. But if you can find any sorbets, they'd be a godsend.
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

i miss hagen das sorbets and gelato. as they were doing so awesomely well then stores stopped carrying them. bother

its ok, you were trying and that counts. thursday i go to explore the vitamart and will report back that evening with my findings!

Comment

FINALLY managed to get to Vitamart after hubs delayed and delayed and DELAYED

Soy ice cream is just as awesome as regular if not a...strange cooling after taste instead of the regular cold after taste.

got some for lisa, vanilla swirl flavor. and i got choklit fudge brownie wooo

the only downside - technically - is that its 5 bucks a pop. or 4.50 ish for a pint. Where as they have a bit bigger size but I didn't want to get THAT much.

Vitamart has all the other organic foods I used to see back home YAY!

Comment

Working...
                  X