This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm becoming a Light weight

When I was a teenager I used to be able to drink all the guys I knew under the table with just about any booze they threw my way.... now that I'm older I am suddenly just not able to handle the same amount of liquor. Perhaps my tolerance has gotten weaker... now it's like a couple of hard apple ciders and I am tipsy as hell... one whiskey sour and I am done for the night.
    What happened to being able to do 10 rounds with Jose and never feel a damn thing?

...makes me feel like a pansy... lol

C'est le Vie.... I guess I'm just getting older.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

I used to be that way, from about 16 through 25 or so I could drink with impunity. Then the various injuries sort of started accumulating and I started getting a bit creaky, and was taking ibu to deal with the creaky joints and decided I needed to back off to save my liver, and I guess that is what started the lessening of my ability to tank up the booze.

Although I can get a very nice buzz of 2 glasses of wine now =)
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Well on a positive note I guarantee both of you can drink me under the table. Since I don't drink.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

It's cheaper to be a light weight.

Besides, it's not about how much you can drink. It's WHAT you drink.

Scotch, neat. And balls to anyone who can't handle anything stronger than beer.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

"The hangovers hurt more than they used to
          Cornbread & iced tea took the place
          of pills & 90 proof"

I feel your pain....'specially after a night of beer & whiskey.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

It's nice being a lightweight. So cheap! I kid you not, if I drink one beer too fast I can barely stand up! I love yummy drinks. I just can't have that many of them at one time.

Confession. I literally fell over on the couch once after half a glass of chardonnay.
            The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Meh. About 10 'shots' (serving size for alcohol), I'm doneskies, limit break conditions (if you know what I mean x_x) . And that's if I'm in fighting form. Just as well. I really don't feel like being an alcoholic. I usually drink about one or two if/when I drink. Usually in amaretto or other liqueurs, as I love the taste.
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post

Scotch, neat.
                Scotch is good, but I prefer whiskey on the rocks. ^_^
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

When I have visitors from the flatlands (we're at 6800 feet,2072 meters) I always tell 'em to go easy on the booze for a day or 2 'til they get acclimated.

By the same token when I go down to sea level I can drink quatities that even amaze me
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                    Scotch is whiskey.

But on the rocks?! You lose all the flavor.
                    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
                      Single malt. 35 year. Neat.

I can't drink in any quantity. I can do "one drink" and be ok, but if I try to do "two drinks," somewhere partway through the second my stomach tells me that if I continue I (and everybody around me) will regret it.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Single malt. 35 year. Neat.
                        I would kill anyone in this city for a taste of 35 year single malt. T-T

Comment

Scotch is a kind of whiskey, but there are other kinds of whiskey, which may have been what RedDazes was referring to. Personally, I like bourbon. Maker's Mark and Dr. Pepper.....*heaven* (Maker's also mixes nicely with Coke.)
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                            Scotch is a kind of whiskey, but there are other kinds of whiskey, which may have been what RedDazes was referring to. Personally, I like bourbon. Maker's Mark and Dr. Pepper.....*heaven* (Maker's also mixes nicely with Coke.)
                            Yes. This. I like Scotch, but I am much more partial to Knob Creek and the like. I'm fond of anything amber colored ((with in reason)) but never have been able to get back into the clear liquors after a disagreement between me and Mr. Cuervo.
                            Maker's Mark is delicious... I may have to try it with some Dr. Pepper next time I venture out on the town.

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post

But on the rocks?! You lose all the flavor.
                            I'm one of the people who like a little water in my Whiskey, I've found it brings out some of the more subtle flavors you can't get otherwise... I like on the rocks because it changes how it tastes though out the whole experience of drinking it ((since one glass will last me all night lol)) Plus I like it cold... I've never been able to drink room-temp beverages....they either have to be HOT or COLD.
                            Last edited by Red_Dazes; 12-09-2010, 01:15 AM.
                            -Red

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                              Scotch is whisky,bourbon is whiskey.Trust me on this,I'm not only a drunk,I'm an educated drunk.That & I'm too busy workin' on my *hic* 5th Maker's & Coke to find the goddam links....

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X