Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't bake, and I have no room for something like that....and yet my Inner Cook still wants one! But really, I don't bake. I just cook. So, no mixer for Jester.

Quoth Librarybabe View Post
    Now, on the next significant gifting holiday, you should drop hints for:
    Or perhaps she should get him something equally cool, no? I have no doubt that RK is just as phenomenal as her husband in this department, but unfortunately it seems a lot of women think and/or expect that the Cool Gifting should go in only one direction: theirs.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Some women like practical gifts like appliances. Some prefer romantic girly stuff. You know those catalogs you find laying around the house, open to various pages? That's a hint.
    Some men like kitchen gifts, too. I have tons of kitchen gadgets that I love!

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    Dave, a man that can cook? Hot.
    It's official. I am, apparently, hot. (Hey, in my most recent cookoff, I took second place for my Garlic Braised Lamb with Chianti Glaze, thank you very much.)

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    A man that can do dishes is also hot, just sayin'.
    So much for me being officially hot. (I hate doing the dishes, and have often said that when I find a woman that is perfectly fine with me cooking and her doing the dishes, I will marry her.)

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
    I'm also a pretty good bartender as my smart-ass SIL found out last month.I asked her if she wanted a drink & she says "Yeah,a margarita" with this look & tone that said "I'm just bein' a bitch,I know you can't make one"
    It's cool to be able to do that. My friend Golf Boy makes his margaritas so strong, we've taken to calling them Tequila Martinis. Let's just say he doesn't run out of mixers often.

Myself, I have a Super Secret Awesome Jester Margarita Recipe that knocks their socks off. And here it is:

In a 12 ounce glass, muddle (with a muddler, of course), three wedges of lime. Crush the hell out of them. You know that Rose's Lime Juice stuff? You won't need it here, you're using Nature's Lime Juice. Far superior product. Fill the glass with ice. Add 1/2 ounce of Grand Marnier. (Triple Sec? Nah. We're going top shelf here, people.) Top that off with 1.5 ounces of your favorite anejo tequila. I prefer Sauze Tres Generaciones Anejo or Sauze Conmemorativo Anejo, though Patron Anejo, Herradura Anejo, Don Julio Anejo, or really any good anejo, will work just fine. The anejo part is important though....top notch tequila gets you top notch ritas. Fill the rest of the glass with sour mix, top the glass with a shaking tin, shake the hell out of it, rim the glass with salt (if desired), and pour the beautiful concoction into the glass. No need for a lime wedge garnish as is usual, as you have three lime wedges already IN the damn drink.

I claim to my customers that I make one of the best margaritas in Key West. So far, very VERY few have argued with me after tasting it.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    My mom has a plaque in the kitchen that says, "No woman ever shot a man while he was doing the dishes."
    Shot, no. Stabbed, yes.

Hilarious. Disturbing, but hilarious.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

*elbows BE out of the way* You're gonna have ta fight me, lady. ....Who am I kiddin'? He's too young for either of us.
      Hey! What's that supposed to mean!!??
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I'm just sayin' Dave's 26/27 and we're mid-thirties IIRC.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

God is my witness, someday I swear I will save up my money, and I will get myself one of those mixers. Even if I can't use it all that much.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

but....but....sigh

--
            I got an email from Self magazine (to which I subscribe) about a chance to win 10 grand worth of KitchenAid stuff (from Cooking.com, I think it was)...including a stove, convection oven, dishwasher, and a whole bunch of smaller appliances...including one of these mixers (in Red, even). I entered for the hell of it, not that I have any place to put most of it (I live in an apartment, so no use for the large appliances, and as much as I would like some of the smaller appliances, I have a tiny kitchen with little storage space).
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Hi, Dave...
              *elbows BE out of the way* You're gonna have ta fight me, lady. ....Who am I kiddin'? He's too young for either of us.
              And I'm old enough for both of ya

...and if you come towards me I'll scream and run...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                And I'm old enough for both of ya ...and if you come towards me I'll scream and run...
                Um, I'm insulted?
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Um, I'm insulted?
                  Nah, Ah'm jus skeered a wimmin.

Now, if I could twist time, space & reality so that I was the same age & in the area of either of you ladies I might invite you to some folky concerts...

(I'm planning on seeing Janis Ian in March with my daughter)
                  Last edited by dalesys; 12-13-2010, 03:44 AM.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ladies! Ladies! There's no need to fight; plenty of me to go around.

And I'm 28.
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      (I hate doing the dishes, and have often said that when I find a woman that is perfectly fine with me cooking and her doing the dishes, I will marry her.)
                      Too bad I'm taken. I'd take you up on that.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X