This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
    I do that to rings that would otherwise bother my fingers. It works well though never tried it on earings before.
    I've done it, it seems to depend on the amount of metal you are allergic to in the earings. I've found similar to when I've done it to rings. I can still get the allergic reaction even if I put several thick coats on.
    My feeling is it's always worth a shot, you might get lucky. It just seems with me I get a severe reaction even with just a little bit of nickle in it. That's why I rarely wear jewelry and when I do buy it I will hold it in my hand with it closed for a few minutes, if my palm doesn't have a reaction I should be able to wear it.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I don't have any problems with metals. I can wear just about anything, and it doesn't bother me.

However, my ears just won't close as holes; they want to heal up completely. No swelling, no pus, only some of the vague crustiness you get with dried plasma from what are, technically, open wounds. Unless you feel the bits that were punched out the second time through, you can't even tell I've ever had them pierced at all, much less twice.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

http://simplywhispers.com/

They specialize in nickel free earrings, and they also have necklaces and rings.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
        X