Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know how as a kid you celebrate your "half birthday," that day that comes six months exactly after your birthday? C'mon, admit it, a bunch of you did. Well, I remember precisely my 10 and a half birthday, as it was December 8, 1980. It is one of the days in my life, along with 9/11, that I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news.

And a good friend of mine down here in KW celebrated her 30th birthday this December 8, which had to be a bit weird for her due to all the news coverage. That's not just her birthday, but she is British as well.

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
    Great song,but it came out in 1971 & refers to the death of Buddy Holly,not Lennon.
    Still, as has been said here, VERY applicable and apropos.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    I am not sure there is a Heaven, though I'd like to think so. If there is, what I wouldn't do to visit for a day. Think of the great people, great music, great comedy, and such you could experience in just that one day...
    People often talk about it, but if there is a Rock & Roll Heaven, think of the great talent they'd have!

Off the top of my head only: John Lennon, George Harrison, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Keith Moon, John Entwistle, Elvis Presley, Kurt Cobain, Richie Valens, Otis Redding, Michael Hutchence, Bon Scott, Big Mama Cass, Ronnie James Dio, Wendy O. Williams, Sid Vicious, John Paul Jones, Randy Rhoads, Duane Allman, Ray Charles, James Brown, Ronnie Van Zant, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Brian Jones, etc., etc., etc.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
    X