This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Month Off Between Jobs - Mad Bored

Quit my old job to give me a month off before I start training for my new job and go to Afghanistan where I will work twelve hour days, seven days a week, for five months. Today is Day 4. I'm so bored I just sprayed and wiped down all the windows in the dining room, living room, kitchen, and foyer. That's seriously bored. I hate cleaning.

I enjoy going to the bar. There's a local dive bar that is nice and quiet. They serve free popcorn. The prices are great. The owner is hilarious and a great guy. The regulars are nice people. But apparently, going to the bar 3+ days a week by yourself is looked down upon.

Tomorrow, I'm going for 8 immunizations. Then I'm going to Philly this weekend to visit my best friends. My one friend whose place I'm staying at is the VP of her med school's Pathology Club and they are going to the Mutter Museum so I'm going with her and her group.

But really, I have nothing to do these days. I have no friends in my hometown left save one who works full time. I just honestly don't know what to do post-college life that doesn't involve working or drinking. What is there to do?
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

There are only three things to do in life:
    1. Make money
    2. Spend money
    3. Sleep

How much spending money do you have?

Clean my house. I'll pay you.
    Take more trips. Visit more friends.
    Drive across the country. Take US 30. Stay off the interstates. Stop in every small town along the way.
    Volunteer. I could suggest a couple of charities.
    Build something.
    Buy the largest jigsaw puzzle you can find.
    Smithsonian.
    The Little Black Book of Sudoku - 400 puzzles
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I do have a sudoku book. Should look for that. I'd like to visit more friends but either they are too far or are busy working so I can only see people on weekends. As I said, I'm going to Philly this weekend so I'll see three people then. Another friend from a few years ago that I just started talking to again will be home next week. Going up to North Jersey to see someone for dinner and bowling next week. Got a going away party next weekend. Then Christmas. Then I'm gone.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
      X