This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They are lucky to be alive!

Yesterday my family and I went to Olive Garden for my birthday. Now realize I do not ever in this lifetime like to be the center of attention, so what does my loving family do when I go to the ladies room? They tell our waitress! So when I get back to my table, my family and our waitress start singing.

I was mortified beyond belief! I told my children that I could kill them and make another that looks just like them (I was kidding, of course). There were many violent thoughts towards Mr. Mis yesterday. My children and my husband are all lucky that I love them so much!

Mr. Mis has never done that in the nearly 20 years of marriage, so I guess I can forgive him, plus, he is so darn cute.

Yes, I'm official old at 40 years of age. Where did the time go?
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

40 is not old.

Comment

Happy Birthday Mis.
      I'm sorry I missed it.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

That was kind of cute though, in their defense. Although I'm sure they have already explained the cuteness of their actions. Happy Birthday!
        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

We're twins! (Well, a few years apart).

Happy birthday. I don't like being the center of attention but you took it well.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

My family has strict instructions that they are never to do that again, on pain of death.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
              Where did the time go?
              "When I think about the good times, that I've wasted...
              Having good times." -- Eric Burdon
              Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              My family has strict instructions that they are never to do that again, on pain of death.
              "This is a good day to die." -- Low Dog, Hunkpapa Sioux, Little Big Horn
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My mom used to do that to us. She seems to have outgrown it, thank god.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Last time someone did that to me, I was so upset I started crying.

That was before I was on medication for my depression.

Comment

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

I made the joke about 40 being old because my children were teasing me about it. I was already a bit freak out because I certainly don't feel old enough to have a child who is about to graduate high school. I'm over being freaked out and just think of it as it beats the alternative.

I told Mr. Mis that I want to arrive in heaven like an email sent to me said. I will slide in sideways naked with chocolate in one hand and a glass of wine in the other screaming "WOO WEEE WHAT A RIDE!"

Ree, I'm so hurt! How can you forget about me? I may cry now I kid I kid! Don't worry about it.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Mis.

I turned 40 earlier this year....but I figure you're only as old as you feel, granted, some days I feel about 80.
                      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

I turn 41 next month.

So we're the same age for about a month.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Mis! I'll hit 40 in March.

As for singing in a restaurant, Mrs. Crossbow and I have an agreement: automatic grounds for murderdivorce...
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Happy Birthday!

I wish I was 40 again.
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

41 here, almost 42.

Something like that happened to my wife on our first cruise, but I honestly had nothing to do with it. Still not quite sure, but I think our travel agent may have been the culprit. She urged us to eat in the formal dining room "at least once."

We went during Labor Day week in 2001 (got back on the 8th, it still freaks me out that we were traveling that close to what is now known as 9/11), and my wife has a birthday in the middle of the month.

We decided to take our agent's advice and have dinner in the formal dining room (way overrated, as soon as I took two steps out into the hallway, I had already yanked the tie and jacket off.) We were finishing up our dinner, when we say a bunch of the crew walk single file into the room, one of them holding a birthday cake. My wife just rolled her eyes and said, "That is so embarassing! I'm glad that's not me!"

Next thing we knew, they turned toward us, set the cake on our table, and started singing "Happy Birthday" to her, while she turned bright red. She thought I was behind it, but I was just as surprised as she was.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X