This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Shanky visited the ER again...

So I've been sick since Friday. Low grade fever, chills, swollen lymph nodes that sort of thing. And I determined that all I needed was rest and fluids and I'd get better.

Well my lower lip started acting up. As in it looked like it had leprosy and was constantly painful. Then I got sores inside my mouth and on the tip of my tongue. So I thought I'd wait until I got back home then see a doctor out by my parents since I got home on saturday the 18th.

Last night I spent an hour and a half sobbing because the pain was so intense that I couldn't sleep, and at 3:30 I'd finally had enough and went to the ER. Thankfully it was empty and I had the fastest trip to the ER ever. I was only there for 2 1/2 hours all told.

Final determination is that I've got a bacterial infection in my gums (put me on anti-bacterial meds), fever blisters on my lip that proceeded to get a viral infection (anti-viral for that) and that I had achieved 'I see Jesus coming and I'm scared' level of pain (7 for those who are wondering) so they put me on lortab.

Hopefully this all clears up in a few days but I could really use some well wishes right about now.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

*snuggles and offers puppy lovings*

Comment

*offers you homemade candies and cookies fresh made...if you can eat them* Hope you get better soon!

Comment

Awwwww. Sorry to hear it, but I am glad you got treated before it spread too far!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

*hugs*

It'll be okay. Take it one day, one hour, one minute, thirty seconds at a time.

(As in 'I can bear this for another thirty seconds. I'm strong enough.')
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Im sorry Shanky. Im glad it got figured out sooner rather than later.

Take care of yourself.

Comment

*hugs* Aww, I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Here, this alternate pain chart might cheer you up. Get well!

Edit: ironically just realized this was probably what you were referencing. XD But now it's there for everyone else too.

Comment

It is what I was referencing! I printed and took a copy with me when I went to the ER. The nurse laughed and kept it.
                Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Good wishes to you! Hope you feel better soon! Have a snuggle with my kitty (she's plump and adorable)
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X