Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Mint cookies note I have a Chocolate Chip Mint Cookie that I'm famous for with my friends. I ran out of Vanilla one day while making chocolate chip cookies and used Pappermint Extract instead. I've since rounded it out by adding green food colouring and using the mini dark chocolate chips (the same kind they use in Mint chip icecream).

Comment

FreakyGeek, can I get that mint chocolate chip recipe from you? I was actually looking for one earlier today. I keep seeing recipes for mint chocolate chip cookies that involve adding mint and food coloring and chocolate chips to Betty Crocker's refrigerated sugar cookie dough, but I'd rather make my own.

Anyway, the molasses spice cookie is really pretty standard. I found it on allrecipes.com, and it's VERY similar to a gingersnap cookie that my mom makes. The big different between her's and mine is that I underbake mine so they stay nice and chewy (she bakes her's for a good 12-14 minutes and they get crispy. Good if you want a gingersnap.)

Here's the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Molasse...es/Detail.aspx

My modifications: Use real butter, don't melt it, use brown sugar instead of white (part or all...I usually do all brown sugar, they stay softer that way), and add more spices. I add more of the three listed (especially ginger) and I also sometimes add nutmeg. I've made them as written in the recipe with the melted shortening, and I think they turn out too greasy. I bake these for exactly 9 minutes at 375 and they turn out soft and chewy.

Comment

Maggie -

Get the Andes mints. Chop them to the size of chocolate chips.

Take the Toll House recipe. Add 1/2C unsweetened cocoa to it.

Instead of chips or nuts, mix in the chopped mints.

Bake normally.

Chocolate mint chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

Quoth FreakyGeek View Post
          On the Mint cookies note I have a Chocolate Chip Mint Cookie that I'm famous for with my friends. I ran out of Vanilla one day while making chocolate chip cookies and used Pappermint Extract instead. I've since rounded it out by adding green food colouring and using the mini dark chocolate chips (the same kind they use in Mint chip icecream).
          I want this recipe.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
          X