This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So..New Years..(rantage)

This New Years should be the last I spend in Pennsylvania (since Im hoping to move to Florida this summer with the kids and hubby.) With the exception of about 2 years of my entire life (I's 27.5 yrs old), I have spent every New Years Eve with my parents, brothers, sister, niece and nephews. We always spend it together,

Youd think, that MAYBE, just maybe my immediate family would say "Hey! Lets make sure to spend the holiday with Amina, b/c she wont be here anymore."

My mom calls me the other evening and asks if I want to spend the New Year in NJ @ my grandmoms house, 3.5 hrs away from home.

Well, I cant. I have dogs and who's going to give up the New Year parties just to spend the night with my dogs? So, I tell her this. Mind you, she's drunk (yeah, thanks for calling me drunk, mom) and she doesnt seem to understand what Im saying. Well, yeah, thats why you dont call people drunk. But the impression I got from her was that this was something that was still being worked out and not cemented in stone.

So I talk to my sister in law today and she tells me its basically in stone, Theyre all going up there. She also mentions that theyre going from Friday to Sunday. Which my mom told me they were going from Friday to Saturday afternoon. I work Saturday night @ 11pm, so even if I did go, id have no way back to get to work since theyre all going up together in a big van.

And seriously, my parents were upset last New Years Eve b/c I had to work on New Years Eve. But they see nothing wrong with going to NJ and leaving me and my family out of the planning, just assuming itd be ok. They know I have dogs...they know I fuckin work all kinds of damn holidays due to my job.

Honestly, It saves me the issue of having to yet again, watch the drunken activities that my family seems to prefer. But it makes me sad that no one thought that maybe spending the New Years together for the last time would be worth it.

Bleh.

I'm sorry.

But look at it this way: Start your own New Year's tradition with your husband and kids. Make it special for all of you, favorite foods/drinks, play games, watch the NYC ball drop on TV or whatever you like to do. Then when New Year's Eve 2011 rolls around, you'll have a tradition of your own to keep up.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Personally, I think this will make the break from spending NYE with your family that much easier next year. Since they've made it obvious that you are not high on their priority list.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I'm sorry.

But look at it this way: Start your own New Year's tradition with your husband and kids. Make it special for all of you, favorite foods/drinks, play games, watch the NYC ball drop on TV or whatever you like to do. Then when New Year's Eve 2011 rolls around, you'll have a tradition of your own to keep up.
        I know. I want to stay positive and as much I as I have issues with my family, it still hurts a little bit.

Quoth Jester
        Personally, I think this will make the break from spending NYE with your family that much easier next year. Since they've made it obvious that you are not high on their priority list.
        Thats true. /sigh Ill have to go to Key West to spend it with you next year, I guess. Lol.

I did talk to my mom yesterday, sober thankfully. She seemed to have changed her mind about going. She realized that, No my family and I couldnt go and she wanted to spend the New Years all together as a family. However, everyone else is pushing to go so she may be forced to since everyone else is going. Meh. Ill get a nice cheap bottle of Verdi and spend it with hubby and the kids.

Comment

I have no desire to go out for New Years. If my bf and our friends get pushy with me, I'm feeling a really big urge to lie and say I have to do overtime that night, even though working on the weekend sucks, I'm to the point of hating going out so much that some nights if I'm also bored of laying around, I'd rather work.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X