This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's a cutie!

Memorize this conversation, you'll have it a lot, almost word for word.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBMU8...eature=related

(Funny but true)
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

She is incredibly smart. Thankfully, she has used her powers for good so far, instead of evil

Draggar, that is one thing I'm not looking forward too. Ah, well. Comes with the territory.
      My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

I just had an interesting thought occur to me, what happens if you have to go to jail and you have a service animal [especially a seizure alert type]?
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          I just had an interesting thought occur to me, what happens if you have to go to jail and you have a service animal [especially a seizure alert type]?
          My quickie google didn't answer that question, but I found (and have heard of such programs before) something about prisoners training service dogs. Maybe Kara would know...if she stops in chat tonight I'll ask her.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Well, if it's supposed to be treated like a blind-person's cane, or a wheelchair... I don't think they can take it away...? restricted, of course, but... huh. I guess I associate differently abled folks as 'normal, law-abiding' types!
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
              Well, if it's supposed to be treated like a blind-person's cane, or a wheelchair... I don't think they can take it away...? restricted, of course, but... huh. I guess I associate differently abled folks as 'normal, law-abiding' types!
              Actually, yes and no. When I worked in corrections, we had an inmate who was in a wheelchair: bilateral amputee. He got to keep his wheel chair, but he was also in administrative segregation. We had inmates with crutches; they had to stay in medical until they didn't need the crutches anymore--too easy to use as a weapon.

We never had anyone with a service dog. It would depend on what the dog was needed for, I think. Prisons are different from the outside world: prisons are allowed to set their own rules to maintain the security of the institution. This affects religious practices as well.

I imagine the initial response would be "no dog." The inmate would probably have to sue, and might lose. I don't know if it's ever happened . . . I'll have to research it.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
              X