Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, the touch screen and dual screen mechanics kind of put a stonewall on adapting it. I'd love to see something like previous incarnations, but it looks like Nintendo is splitting their handheld and console divisions even further apart, so it looks unlikely.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Square isn't going to give you the classics on virtual console because they aren't done fscking remaking them for the 9th time yet. >.>

Though the irony is you can get Sega and Genesis games on it.

Still, it does have Secret of Mana, Act Raiser and Breath of Fire 2.

Act Raiser <3

Comment

I WISH I could play my DS games on the TV. The technology exists -- but I have only ever seen it in use (indirectly) at technology shows like E3 or via game reviews. I do not know if they are commercially available. The PSP does have such things. For the record, if you own Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for the PSP, *get the adapter* (note: requires Component inputs; I wanna say that you need a Widescreen TV; not sure). You get to see and hear (holy crap, the music has a bass line!) so much more on a TV set. e.g.: You can see feather detail on the Valkyrie's "wings" during her PWS attack.

Note on DS -- Chrono Trigger is effectively an "enhanced port"; they added a few little touches, re-did the dialogue/translation completely (read: the absurdly vague -- and sometimes just plain incorrect -- clues needed to get the extra endings in particular), added an arena, and, iirc, expanded the limit on names -- meaning that, yes, Chrono's name can finally be rendered as Chrono, rather than Chrno, in-game...They also added touchscreen support for navigation and menu options.

Note on PS3 -- have you guys guessed that I'm an old-school RPG gamer too, yet? ^_^ ...Xenogears is reportedly coming up soon on PSN in English. Now just give us Einhander and I will no longer have a reason to leave my house, ever again >_>
        Last edited by EricKei; 01-11-2011, 05:15 AM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

i love sports resort games and you can go to big lots and find some cheap games that are fun. try silly skill ones those are fun.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
            Square isn't going to give you the classics on virtual console because they aren't done fscking remaking them for the 9th time yet. >.>
            FF4 is on the VC. Well, the original NA release as FF2US, but still...

(yeah yeah, I know, and I agree. Odds are it's because FF4:TAY is on the WiiWare list already)
            I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

I introduced my boyfriend, who is not at all a gamer, to Shadowhearts: Covenant on the PS2 last night. It went well... This pleases me.
              Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                I introduced my boyfriend, who is not at all a gamer, to Shadowhearts: Covenant on the PS2 last night. It went well... This pleases me.
                That should prove...interesting. Especially once he starts finding the hidden cards... (or was that anther SH game?)

One heck of an introduction to games, either way. Kudos! --- Next up, Eternal Darkness, perhaps?
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  Next up, Eternal Darkness, perhaps?
                  You are mean...

I like it!
                  I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-Classics...911389&sr=1-60

Atari-Classics for the PSP, should you ever decide to get it one. However, remember that the screen is kinda smallish.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      That should prove...interesting. Especially once he starts finding the hidden cards... (or was that anther SH game?)

One heck of an introduction to games, either way. Kudos! --- Next up, Eternal Darkness, perhaps?
                      Nope... if you're thinking of the stud cards, they're most definitely in Covenant. There are at least four gay characters in the game too -- the brothers who make dresses for Gepetto's puppet, Joachim, and Joachim's mentor. It seemed appropriate.
                      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Working...
                      X