This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish fest tomorrow!

I don't know why they scheduled the Ren Fest and the Scottish fest the same weekend but we're hitting the Scottish fest tomorrow.

The herding instructor we work with will be doing demonstrations throughout the day.

But the best part - fresh MEAT PIES. I remember when my wife and I used to go to the games when we lived in NJ (about the same time), it was cold and raw but those meat pies were so hot and delicious!!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Quoth draggar View Post
    I don't know why they scheduled the Ren Fest and the Scottish fest the same weekend but we're hitting the Scottish fest tomorrow.
    They did that one year with the local Ren Faire and the Pirate Festival. The event planners really should get together and coordinate things better.
    Quoth draggar View Post
    The herding instructor we work with will be doing demonstrations throughout the day.
    I love watching dog herding demonstrations! Those dogs are so smart.
    Quoth draggar View Post
    But the best part - fresh MEAT PIES.
    YES!
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        They did that one year with the local Ren Faire and the Pirate Festival. The event planners really should get together and coordinate things better.
        turns out I've been hearing the commercials wrong, the Miami ren fest is next weekend (oddly, the start of the south Florida fair?). Not this weekend. The Broward ren fest isn't until March.

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
        If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

More like:

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

The fest was a lot of fun, Judith was there with her border collies dong the herding demonstration.

I also got to try haggis for the fist time and it was actually very good (yeah, it sounds disgusting, but what are hotdogs, bologna, sausage, etc..?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbvbIN0nN7A
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

mmm Haggis.
            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Yeah, now it's another thing I'll want to get at the British Marketplace. Nice, more $$$ spent. Like $90 worth of meat pies, port pies, banger rolls, and Cadbury wasn't enough.

Edit: Luna is exhausted now. She was service dog training during the fest and then we went to schutzhund practice (plus a practice run for the south Florida fair demo).
              Last edited by draggar; 01-09-2011, 12:10 AM.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                The fest was a lot of fun, Judith was there with her border collies dong the herding demonstration.
                Sounds great, did you get any photos?

I'm not sure I want to try haggis, but you've got a good point, they can't be any worse than hot dogs... I do love a good meat pie, though.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  I also got to try haggis for the fist time and it was actually very good (yeah, it sounds disgusting, but what are hotdogs, bologna, sausage, etc..?)
                  Hey! I'm trying to live in denial here, do you mind?!
                  I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Haggis is lovely! Did you have it with neeps and tatties? Personally I eat it with chips (taking the view that chips are tatties in disguise) but neeps and tatties are traditional.

Do they sell square sausage at the Scottish Fest? A slab of square sausage in a morning roll, covered with brown sauce, is about as traditionally Scottish as a piper in a kilt standing at the base of the Scott Monument!

Mmm, square sausage....

*goes to investigate the depths of the fridge*
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      Sounds great, did you get any photos?
                      No photos of the fest, not much to photograph except the bagpipe bands. We do a lot of herding with Judith, too, so we get plenty of videos then (I posted some last week).

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                      Haggis is lovely! Did you have it with neeps and tatties? Personally I eat it with chips (taking the view that chips are tatties in disguise) but neeps and tatties are traditional.
                      They just gave me a scoop of it (I ordered plain haggis) but they were also serving it with "chips". I did get a Scottish egg (with chips), though and that was very good.

Do they sell square sausage at the Scottish Fest? A slab of square sausage in a morning roll, covered with brown sauce, is about as traditionally Scottish as a piper in a kilt standing at the base of the Scott Monument!
                      This year I was disappointed with the amount of food. Only two stalls had Scottish food and I don't think either had square sausage (although I've seen it before), the others were typical fair foods (sausage on a roll, fresh lemonade, ice cream, etc...
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                      X