This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah! Finally!

I finally bought a laptop yesterday!! I purchased a Toshiba Satellite from Best Buy, I opted for the set up package and for one year of Kaspersky so my total cost was $816.00. It is pretty big and bulky but I wanted the ten key pad for school work, I am still in the process of familairizing myself with all the features. It has a face recognition feature that I am trying to get set up, which is pretty cool. I set up my own wireless but I am having problems with getting it secure but I can call Midcontinent and they will help me. I also have to figure out how to get my desktop on wireless also so that I can use it occasionally, I have a lot of stuff on my desktop which I would like to transfer over. I have had a hard time trying to remember all my passwords.. It took me several tries to get CS password, I could not remember so I ended up resetting it. I remembered Facebook and Pogo's passwords though. I am having problems with Pogo, the games are coming up smaller than they did on my desktop but I have six free months of Geek Squad so I will pick their brains or take the laptop to them and have them help me with the settings. All in all I am happy with it. I will probably use it as my main computer. I still need to get a new printer (wireless) and a mouse plus Office2010 but I need to wait until I get my income tax for that.

I have a Satellite myself, and it is a good purchase for a full-keyboard laptop. A bit heavier than most, but I like bigger keyboard for my big hands, and its fairly sturdy for a laptop. I do use a USB mouse when possible, though. I just don't care for the flat panel mouse, or the joystick nub.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
    X